27. Sweat and Tears

The news spread quickly. A murder. The victim was unknown at first. All that was left was a wet suit littered in dust. Not normal dust bunnies, but the dust of a SOUL. The suit was found behind a bar. The suit was discovered by a monster dumpster diving for food. At first, they where gonna take the suit, but once dust was on it, it was reported to the police. Very soon however, the victim was identified as Gilbert "Grillby" Flames.

Sans finally returned home. After some more attempts at fixing the device that would return his father and some crying, Sans got home late. His little brother fast asleep in his race car bed that he refused to leave behind. The older skeleton wasn't THAT tired, maybe some T.V would help. Quietly making his way back downstairs, he got the remote and began flipping through the channels. Nothing good was on. News stories, baby shows, nothing good. Sans became impatient fast and switched through even quicker.

"With-

"This just I-

"A few-

"A B C D-

"There was-

"Murder of a monster-

Hearing "murder of a monster" the skeleton in blue changed the channel back to the news. "Behind the bar known as 'Grillby's', the remains and dust of a monster was found. The victim is know as Gilbert, the owner of the bar. It is believed he was murdered. Due to the dampness of the suit he left behind, it's assumed that as this fire elemental was closing up his bar, someone did the horrible act of ending the innocent monsters life. Inside the phone line was cut, so we believe he tried to call for help. Ms. Toriel Dreamer spoke to him the night of the killing."

Time stopped. Everything stopped. Well... that's what it felt like.The clock on the wall, the T.V, Sans's heart(?).

"I..it was late at night when I..i got a phone call." Toriel was on the screen. Her eyes where red and puffy with tears still flowing. "When I answered, Mr. Grillby called me and he had to tell me something. B..but the line cut and...and...". The goat mother couldn't even finish her sentence before she broke down in sobs. They quickly changed back to the reporter. "More news on the drug deal going o-"

The television turned off. Sans dropped to his knees, looking at his boney hand that where blurred with tears. One of his eyes began glowing a mix of blue and yellow as tear flowed out like a tap. Loud, strangled sobs exited Sans as he dug his face into his hands. He's dead. Gone. Never to return. "i....i....i didn't even say goodbye....I didn't tell him how much I loved him...I COULDN'T EVEN APOLOGIZE FOR BEING AN ASS!"

Now Sans was curled up into a little ball on the floor with hot tears all over his face. He will never be able to apologize now. He won't ever be able to see his best friend/boyfriend again. Maybe if he didn't have his little temper tantrum then he could have protected him. But that's not what he did. Instead, Sans yelled at him. Yelled at his loving boyfriend for wondering where he was every day. He didn't deserve to die, Sans did. At least...that's what he thought.

It was hot...

It was wet...

His breath...

Was irregular.....

Sans bolted up, one eye glowing, and with sweat and tears covering him. It was all a dream? Was it?! Looking around, Sans saw he was still in the lab. It was pitch black and it smelled of metal. Without a second thought, older brother Sans teleported all the way back home, which took a load of energy from him. He was on the couch, and in a flash the room at was in his hand. Quickly he changed the Chanels.

"Cute puppies-

"More news on the drug ring-

"Witch path should we-

"Man wins lottery-

After at least 10 minutes of searching, there was nothing. No death or murder of monster, or human in fact. Sighing a breath of relief, Sans was about to leave to find his... technically ex boyfriend... when a noise upstairs took his attention. There at the top of the stairs stood his taller younger brother.

"SANS? SANS YOUR HOME!" Running down at the speed of light, Papyrus picked his brother up and began squeezing the SOUL out of him. "h....hey paps. y..your *b...bone* crushing h..hug is killin me". After hearing the pun, Papyrus quickly dropped his elder brother.

"IM GOUNG TO PRETEND THAT YOU DIDN'T SAY THAT. ANYWAY NOW THAT YOUR HOME YOU CAN READ MA A STORY!" Despite how badly Sans wanted to see Grillby, he just couldn't say no to his little brother. After all, he owed it to him.

Muhuhawhawhawhaw! It was all a dream!!! I'm sorry I just wanted y'all to sweat a little. I could neverrrr kill anyone......(maybe). So we also hit 2k reads! So that's pretty sick! Thanks you guys for sticking around even tho I haven't been updating as frequently. My updating schedule may be out of wack (like my sleep schedule), but I PROMISE I won't just abandon the story. Thanks! Anyway I hope you enjoy the next chapter! <3