26.

The bar was empty. The sun was down. Most people/monsters where asleep in there beds. Some parents where reading their children bedtime stories while some take there medication. Someone was shutting down their little convenient store down the the street while others stay up for the night shift. Grillby was shutting and locking up his bar, sighing to himself. Maybe going somewhere else would be good. It really hurt. Maybe their relationship could have lasted for a long time. Maybe they could have got a little puppy and bought their own home to live together. But that didn't happen. That will never happen. And it's all his fault. Well, at least that's what the fire elemental told himself. Over and over and over like a broken record.

Banging his head on the glass of  the doors, silent fiery tears trickle down his face. The sounds of footsteps bragged Grillby out of his thoughts. Using his fists to dry (?) his face, he looked up to see Frisk! What is she doing up so late? More importantly, why is she alone in the city? She looked up to him as he walked over to her. Something was different however. Instead of the face of happiness and joy that was usually planted on her face, was replaced with the same blank expression that everyone first saw.

"Hey there Frisk. Why are you out here? Where is Toriel?" Trying to hide the quiver in his voice, Grillby waited for a response. He grabbed her hand and walked her over to the locked glass doors of the bar where the "incident" went down. "Okay then. Let's go inside. I will call Ms. Toriel and I'll have her come pick you up alright?" Still no answer. Once the doors where open and they where in the bar, Grillby sat down the small child in a booth as he walked over to the phone behind his desk. The fire man started Dialing the goat mother's number. After 5 rings, a groggy voice answered with a "Hello?".

"Hello Ms Toriel. I need to talk to you.".

"Oh. Grillby? What do yo—" she was cut off suddenly. After repeating "hello" a few times, Grillby tried to find the problem. And it was found quickly. Very. Quickly. The line was cut. And the culprit? Little ol' Frisk. Scissors in one hand. And in the other was a cup of water.

"Frisk?! Where did you get those scissors?! And why did you cut the line?!" The child in stripes looked up at him. She signaled the older monster in front of her down to her level, as if she needed to whisper. Confused, he crouched down and turned his head to hear what she needs to say.

She spoke... it wasn't her voice. It was sudden. It stung. It felt like death. It was death. The water in her hand was dumped on Grillby's head. All over it. It only hurt for a few seconds before it stopped. It all stopped. His SOUL stopped. His life stopped.

"YoU sHoULd Be mORe cAreFUl NeXT tIme..."

Hola everyone! Sorry for the inactivity and for the short chapter! But here I am! Special thanks to @Jasper0817 and @esterbr468 for voting on the story! Thanks a ton! Anyway, I hope you enjoy the next chapter! <3