Speech: "Break That Barrier" (SOGIE Bill)

To start this speech, we want you to imagine a certain scenario. Imagine someone traveling towards a path where they desire to go. But during their journey, there was suddenly a thick and huge barrier on their way. And that someone is the LGBTQIA+ community, the barrier represents the people who are against and discriminates them, and that path where they desire to go represent their gender identity.

The purpose of our speech is to help
break that barrier. To help this community voice their rights, their exemptions, the respect and acceptance they deserve. If you're one of those people who still insist that people from LGBTQIA+ should be identified based on their biological gender, that is a close-minded thinking. That kind of person only looks at their own perspective; they only see half of the picture. We shouldn't force them to be someone that they're not.

In order to help us attain the purpose of this speech, the bill that was proposed recently will be a massive help. The SOGIE Bill, an abbreviation of sexual orientation, gender identity, and (gender) expression. The purpose of this bill is to prevent various economic and public accommodation-related acts of discrimination against people based on their sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. This bill will help serve equality and security specifically for the LGBTQIA+ community. We aim to persuade people to support this bill. Cause we do believe that people's words are powerful given to our situations right now. The words we spit could be unconsciously or purposely harsh or cruel opinions. We should be careful and be sensitive to what we say. These kinds of statements build that barrier and make them feel that they're not respected, that they're shamed, and bashed. Most importantly, their dignities and rights are crushed.

We want you to see the bigger picture and be open-minded. Help us break that barrier and don't add yourself to those who thickens it. We are all like a rainbow, we might be different in colors but we are all human. That's all, thank you.