22 : New New kid Part 2

I sat alone during lunch, isolating myself. Residing in the garden, where it was no man's land. Scarlett, didn't have this lunch period, and I couldn't be around Carmelo. At times I believe I was anti-social, I talk to particular people, or no one at all. Does that qualify me as a 'bitch'?

Absolutely not.The sunlight was protruding, luckily the oak tree provided me with shade. I continued to become lost in thought as I plucked the green strands of grass from the ground. "Having fun?" I looked up, analyzing the retreating figure. I groaned, channeling my gaze downward.

"Don't start." His tone was that of amusement. He took a seat on the grass beside me.

"What do you want," I responded gruffly, not seeing the point in this encounter.

He grimaced at my disdain towards him, "why are you so harsh?"

The questioned seemed genuine but I couldn't take him seriously. "You don't even know me, and if we're throwing shade, I could ask you the same."

He threw his hands up, in a defensive type of way, "I'm not harsh, your just too serious."

I instinctively pulled one of those straight faces, "you called me Jace's Bitch. You also called me a midget, and said I was some girl's replacement. Oh and you called me salty. Yet I did nothing to you." I couldn't help the nonchalance In my voice, I wasn't going to cry over this boy.

"Ok you're right. I'm sorry. Let's makeup?" He winked at me then, out reached his hand, holding it for me to take.I stared at it as if it were infectious. I looked up at him questioningly.

"I'm sorry, I can't take you seriously," I apologized.

He took the same hand and ran it though his dark unkempt hair, as he blew out a breath. "So why are you out here by yourself, can't make any friends?"

I wasn't quite sure if he was being sarcastic or not. "I know my reasons, what are yours?" I inquired.

"Adventure is out there," he exclaimed much like a child would. I pursed my lips looking straight ahead, was he serious.

"Bruh," I laughed. I looked at Achilles, he grinned surfacing dimples.

"Actually, I saw you walk out here, and figured I should bother you or something ," he explained.

"And how is that working out for you?"

He let out a breath, "not as well as I planned. I can't make fun of you without you being hysteric about it."

After a long moment of silence, he jumped up brushing the residue off of his pants that came from the grass. "Are you going to stay here for the rest of the lunch period?"

I shook my head 'yes', without a single thought developed.

"Ok I wasn't expecting that. You should come with me, instead of being out here by yourself."

He actually sounded sincere. "And where might you be going," I crossed my arms defiantly.

"Cafeteria."

I made a sour face in distaste, "nah, thanks -". He abruptly yanked me up by my arm, disregarding my continuos protest. "But I don't even like the cafeteria," I cried as he pulled me behind him.

"Damn that's too bad, but what type of person would I be if I allowed you to stay-"

"A damn good one," I interjected.

My face burned scarlet, as I was sucked into the madness. Various people gawk at me, in particular.

"People are staring-glaring, at me," I wailed.