7 : Understanding

7: Understanding

Have you ever been so infuriated that you just wish to kill anything and everything within a thirty mile radius?

I really don't understand. I like to think of myself as being a nice person. I don't know why jace doesn't take a chance to find that out for himself. I even came to his game, if that doesn't show my efforts of being kind to him, I don't know what does.

I've been tolerant and patient from day one. I just about had it up to here with that jack ass. Not only has he man handled me tonight, he has also forced me to attend some stupid, random party. Now I'm ridding in his stupid car ridding to god knows where. I should have never agreed this. He deserves my silence.

"Where do you want to eat?" he asked as we approached a red light.

I stuck my ear buds in my ear, then blasted my deafening music. It will be much easier to ignore him if I can't hear him. Smart right? I know. I redirected my gaze to already find Jace already staring me down. His eyes bore into mine. It took all I had in me not to look away.

Staring at each other immensely, it's evident that neither one of us is going to look away. The car behind us honked their horn, making Jace avert his attention back to the rode. That was close, I thought he would never turn away. The car came to a halt.

I have no idea why, but we had stopped at a park. It was dark out the only source of light came from the street lights, and they weren't very helpful.

My earbud was ripped out of my ear causing me to lose train of thought. Merely seconds later I found Jace closer than he was before.

"Didn't you hear me talking to you?" I say nothing.

"Oh, ok I get it. You're giving me the silent treatment," he concludes lowly, then sighs. Still, I do not respond.

"I bet I can make you talk," he whispers against my neck, causing me to shiver.

He laughs at my reaction. I glower at home, pushing myself away from him. Jace steps of the car and proceeds to making his way over to my side. He opens my door, expecting me to get out.

"Are you going to step out of the car?" I suppose he took me not answering him as a 'no', because the next thing you know I was being "helped" out of the car.

Once Jace forced-"assisted" me out the car, I walked to the park, having no other choice. He is already following behind me like a little dog, it would be weird if he wasn't. I sat down on the swing, and let the cool wind blow through my curls.

I listened for Jace, I knew he was somewhere around here. I turned my head slightly, trying not to make it obvious that I was searching for him. I nearly screamed when arms encircled my waist.

"Relax, it's just me," he murmurs, causing my heart to thump violently, and make my blood run cold.

He pulled me closer to him causing my heart to accelerate even more. It's like I was paralyzed, I couldn't move, talk, do anything for that matter but enjoy having him this close. Wait. What the hell am saying? I need to get away from him. I struggled to get out of his grasp.

I clawed at his arms eventually breaking free, only to be pulled back. My back collided with his hard, toned chest making me groan. He buried his head in the crook of my neck.

I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what was up with him. Why is he so touchy feely tonight? He squeezed me tighter making me gasp. My heart was pounding furiously, and I trembled every time he caressed me.

Absentmindedly, I reached my hand back, and ran my fingers through his hair. I sighed, loving the way how his hair felt against my skin.

"Your hair so soft," I mumbled.