18 : Friend of the Family

A/N : *I know this wasn't here before.* Before you read, this chapter is dedicated to one of my favorite readers on Wattpad, elyy15. She votes, comments, and everything else. I love her as a reader. I really recommend you guys following her. She really needs to write another story - - *secretly waiting*. But anyways she's just the epitome of supportive. So give it up for her :). Ok, I'm done. Happy, readings.

I couldn't help taking a notice in my father's crestfallen state all week, due to his deceased mother. He's sporadically competent, barely able to speak, much less, hold a decent conversation. Not to mention, he hasn't been out of town on business since New York. It's impossible to imagine what he's going through, but my heart aches wretchedly at his current listless self. I constantly thought of ways to revive his spirit. I made him breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Obviously none attained purpose. I had no other choice, but giving it another go. Yesterday, my mother, and I took him for a walk in the park. Having a feeling the idea wouldn't prevail, I warned my mother, still she insisted. As I predicted, it was a fail. It rained, what's more depressing than rain?

I was at my current attempt of making him happy. We, my dad, and I, laid at the foot of my bed, watching 'Grown Ups'. Sadly my mother couldn't join us, she went out, needing to run errands. Despiting the fact, we have popcorn, and candy present, determined to have a little fun. Even if I had to practically beg him into this little rendezvous.

I mimicked my father, my hands caressed my face, as I propped myself up unto my arms, digging my elbows into my bed. Occasionally I would glance at him from the side of my eye, making sure he didn't fall asleep. He was notorious for snoozing during movies. Surprisingly, he was wide awake, paying attention. I watched as he chuckled lightly for the first time, as the man on the television, swung from the rope, and hit the tree, falling to the ground.

I smiled to myself satisfyingly, knowing I played a part in making him laugh. Suddenly I heard a cadence of beaps. I look over to my dad, and nosily watched as he read his text message. He shot up from the bed abruptly, I immediately frowned. "Where are you going," I whined. Giving me an apologetic look saying, "I'm going to pick Carmelo up from the airport." I scrunched my face up, expressing confusion. "Carmelo?" I thought aloud. Not acknowledging my inquiry, he exited my bedroom with haste. "Can I come?" I blurted, as the thought made its presence known. "Get dressed," he replied gruffly.

I ran into my closet grabbing my acid blue ripped jeans, and my red crop top. After tugging on my clothes, I easily slipped into my ballet flats. "Daddy, I'm ready," I said making my way into his room. He gave me a once-over and pressed his lips, deprecation radiating. "Andare a cambiare i vostri vestiti," he demanded.

"Why? I don't want to." I huffed as I crossed my arms, upset that he didn't approve of my outfit. "Your legs, and stomach are on display. Go change now," he growled. I glared at him perniciously before I stomped away like the brat I portrayed. That's exactly why I don't go shopping with him, or else he would disrupt my entire wardrobe. It's not like my closet consisted of booty shorts, and bandeaus. I pulled at a pair of leather jogger pants, and my leather jacket. Zipping my jacket up until I could no longer see mid drift, I sighed contently. Modesty can be cute, I guess.

My father waited for me down stairs impatiently. "Rhiyanne, sbrigare," he bellowed from the bottom of the stairs. I rushed down the stairs receiving an approving look from my him. "That's a little more appropriate." He held the front door open for me,"after you." I side stepped him, walking towards his car. I waited for him in the passenger seat, as he locked the door. I looked out my window, the weather from yesterday perdured in to today. The dusky clouds gathered schemingly, ready to shower. I slumped in my seat, feeling my mood go with the sun.