21 : New New Kid Part 1

I could faintly hear the nettlesome sounds of cartoons coming from the television, though I wasn't conscious enough to do anything about it. I turned on my side, absentmindedly taking the blankets with me. The blankets were instantly pulled in the opposite direction. I stifled a bitter groan, as I retaliated. I snatched the blankets once more. At this moment in time, I was fully aware of all of my senses. There must have been another person snatching the blankets; the only sensible explanation. I hastily tossed the blankets aside, surveying my bed for intruders. There he laid, out cold. I crawled closer, starring at his figure disbelievingly. I poked at his bare chest, until he stirred in his sleep.

"What," he groaned, his voice raspy. I pursed my lips tight, becoming impatient. "Can you get out of my bed, and my room?" I grumble crossing my arms, awaiting his departure. He sat up, looking around confusedly. His cold grey eyes landed back on me, "but-" I didn't even allow him to complete his sentence. "Out," I hissed. I appeared to be cranky. Of course, I'm fighting my sleep, and I'm doing an inadequate job at winning.

"This is-" I interrupted him once more. "Go to your own room," I yawned. I rubbed my arm, and batted my eyes trying hard to stay awake. "But," he tried again. "Just go," I snapped. I followed him to the door, making sure he saw his self out. I slammed the door shut, not before catching a quick glance at his bewildered face. I rubbed eyes, and crawled back into bed. I buried my face into my pillows, but failed. What happen to my mountain of pillows, I wondered. I sat up slowly, looking around. The television dimly lit the room, yet the room's lighting was somber. I reached for the lamp on the night stand that wasn't there. I'm sure my room wasn't rearranged over night.

I sauntered over to the door, having just the most ludicrous elucidation. I parted the door and peeped my head into the hallway. My gaze fell over a figure seated against the wall, asleep I presume. The guilt chilled my heart, as I watched him. I just kicked him out of his room, he didn't even bother retaliating. Now he's sleeping against the wall. My my eyes fell to his chest. He must be cold. I'm cold, and fully clothed. "Psst, Carmelo," I whispered. Who the hell am I kidding, who did I expect to hear me?

I made my way over to him. Placing my hand on his shoulder, I shook him vigorously. "Hey," I said as his eyes parted ever so slightly. I could feel the heat radiating from his body. "Hmm," he groaned. "Come on," I pulled him up until he stood on his two feet. I lead him inside of his room, and into his bed. I walked down the hall, and into my room. The first thing I saw was a huge lizard in the corner above my bed. No way in hell was I sleeping in here. I swiped a pillow, and made a run for it.

"Where to go, where to go," I sighed. Definitely not down stairs, that's far to creepy. My parents rarely let me in their room, let alone their bed. My eyes widen as the light bulb lit inside of my head. I let my feet guide me until I ended up in front of Carmelo's room. I knocked lightly on the door, each time he didn't answer, the intensity of my knocks grew. I was near bangs, when he opened the door. He gave a deprecating frown, "what do you want now," he grunted. I gave a awkward laugh, "you're never going to believe this. There's a lizard in my room. So I need somewhere to sleep. Crazy right?" I bit my lip nervously, waiting for a reaction of some sort. "You're not going to kick me out again, are you?" I shook my head 'no'.

He pushed the door back, welcoming me into his room, once more. "If w'ere going to sleep in the same bed you need to learn how to share," I wanted to tell him, but I didn't. "You can keep the blankets, since you don't like wearing shirts," I said giving him a once-over. "Don't be so daft, we both can use the blankets." His nonchalance was reassuring. I clambered into his bed, placing my pillow right beside his. The bed dipped, becoming his inferior. I was facing the opposite direction, until I rolled over. I shut my eyes on instinct, not wanting him to stare at me as I stared at him. Giving in to the urge I peeped one eye open, he was asleep, or at least appeared to be.