23 : Trouble in Paradise

"I think we should just go back to hating each other," I said nonchalantly, as I pulled a t-shirt over my sports bra.My tights clung to my thighs like another layer of skin, and my bun messy as it stood atop my head. It was another one of those Saturdays. I was in my infamous 'not-to-be-disturbed' mood. This past week was hell. School has been kicking my ass, especially my Psychology class. The people I surround myself with hasn't been exactly helpful either.

"Well it wouldn't be exactly impossible, you know how to piss me off. How much longer are you going to be?" I rolled my eyes instinctively.

"Im leaving my house now." His sigh filled reply echoed through out my bedroom.

"Can you just shut the hell up, I said I'm on my way," with that I hung up , and tossed my phone inside of my bag.

I rushed down the stairs, competing against time. My eyes landed on my mother as she came through the front door.
"I'm leaving, and taking your car. Bye," I said, passing her on my wait out. She abruptly took hold of my arm, pulling me back.

Her eyes narrowed with suspicion, "where are you going?"

I groaned impatiently, "I'm going to the park. Can I go now?"

She un handed me, "where's Carmelo?" I scoffed at the mention of him. Him and I weren't on speaking terms. So hearing his name sort of took me by surpise.

"Don't know, don't care, gotta' go. Bye." I tried side stepping her, but she took me by my arm yet again.

"Take him with you, or forget about using my car." Her left brow rose, meaning I should consider taking her serious.

"But he's such an asshole," I protested loudly. I slapped a hand over my mouth, as I realized I just cursed in the presence of my mother.

"Do I need to wash your mouth out with soap, Rhiyanne?"

My eyes widen, petrified by the offer. I shook my head vigorously, "no ma'am! You know what I'm just gonna go call Carmelo, he's probably looking for me or something," I laughed awkwardly as I inch towards the front door.

She raises her hand, instinctively I cringe. When she doesn't smack me, I uncover my face. The keys to her car lie in the palm of her hand, for me to take. It's a trick! I know it, but I'm desperate. Cleverly, I snatch the keys from my mother's hand, before she could try anything.

"Finessed," I chuckled amusedly. Her admonishing grimace quiets my laughter.

"Your dad is going to Italy for a while, be here before he leaves," she informs dismissively, heading for the stairs.

"Oh mommy, tell Carmelo to meet me in the drive way," I call after her. I frown as she waves me off, but walk out of the door.

"He's the biggest jack ass I know, I swear to god," I mumble to myself.

Another lengthy ten minutes pass, as I sit in the car awaiting Carmelo's arrival. Does this kid have a personal vendetta against me or something, or was he born like this? Not a moment later, the passenger door opens, letting the light in. His half zip up sweater fitted snug. My eyes lingered on his figure as he stood there.

I gritted my teeth, "Are you going to stand there all day?"My fingers tapped on the wheel, as he continued to stare at me.

"What," I snapped.

He shoved his hands in his pockets, standing there un moved. I basically kicked the door open, marching over to him. I landed directly in front of him. He stared down at me right into my eyes.