Chapter 2 -Put a shirt on.

Chapter 2

"So, today I Learned a new recipe, talked to Mrs. Burke down at the markets and not that any of you would notice but I got my hair done. Yes very good day for me." Mom broke the silence at the dinner table. "What did you guy's do today?" She passed the bowl of bread rolls to Jake.

"I beat Jakes all time track record today." I smirked at him across the table rubbing it in. He's been grumpy ever since I passed the finish line and the coach yelled out my time of a minute and fifteen seconds.

"Whatever." He stabbed at his potatoes shaking his head.

"That's wonderful news Hayley, Jake you should be proud of your sister." she cooed, a smile stretching across her face. Jake grunted and shook his head more, not even bothering to look at her. Her brows scrunched together in confusion.

"Don't worry mom, he's Just ticked off that a girl beat him so now he's gonna have a wittle cwy like the baby he is!" Jake's hands Slammed down on the table

"Shut up!" He yelled across at me. I Smirked again earning myself a bread roll to the face, butter and all. Gasping I reached down getting a fist full of peas and throwing them across at him.

"Stop it! Both of you!" Mom yelled standing up and glaring between the both of us. We stopped throwing our dinner and continued to glare at one another, if looks could kill, we would both be dead.

"Why can't I just have normal kids who like each other? I'm tired of all the fighting, whatever the hell is wrong between you two you need to get the hell over it! Wait until your father hears about this, now go to your rooms!" Without hesitation we both left the table and raced each other up the stairs pushing violently at the other and slamming our doors when we got to our rooms.

Yep that's Jake, My Brother. Isn't he just a little ray of sunshine? I would be too if I always got everything I wanted and then some one came and stole my thunder out from under me. He used to be good at everything. Soccer, art, track team, swimming, basically every sport at CGHS -

Colbert Green High School, He ruled the school, well him and his obnoxious best friend, our next door neighbour Tyler, when they walk down the hall people part like the red sea, their names are the ones being shouted out by hordes of people at the schools games, they are the ones invited to parties and people are always asking if they are going to be there. It's so frustrating! They are douche bags! There's nothing even remotely good about them and they are treated like they just settled world peace!

Falling onto my bed I fought the urge to rip out my hair and scream from frustration Instead I rifled through my bag for my Phone, punching the numbers in harshly and waiting for Adam to pick up.

"Hey babe, what's up?" Came his sweet voice through my phone instantly taking away some of my stress.

"Can you pick me up? I can't stand it here with him any longer, I am going to kill him." Looking over at myself in my mirror I wiped the butter from my face and applied a thin layer of gloss to my lips.

"Arnt you lucky I just dropped Ben at home." Ben was Tyler's younger brother, he was in our year and he worked with Adam at the bowling alley, since Ben didn't have a car or licence yet Adam always picked him up and dropped him off. "Coming now."

I clicked off the phone, checked myself over in the mirror and climbed out the window.

"Well where do you think your going?" I looked up to see Tyler leaning out of his bedroom window shirtless.

"Put on a shirt you will scare away all the wild life." slowly I walked towards the edge of the roof.

"Don't deny you want me Hales." rolling my eyes I flipped him the bird, he just smiled. "classy." with one well practised jump I landed safely in Adams arms waiting below. Placing me on the ground gently our mouths connected, kissing passionately. The sound of a clearing throat made us break apart and look back up at Tyler.

"Jesus Tyler, put on a shirt you will scare away the poor defensless animals." Adams arms wrapped around me as he lifted me up bridal style.

"That's what I said!" We laughed together as I waved goodbye to a scowling Tyler, carrying me, Adam ran across Tyler's front lawn and threw me in his truck and we drove off into the night.

PetaMinter © 2015

{Edited}