Chapter 19 Is it steamy in here or what?!

Tyler's POV

Shit.

I watched as Hayley stomped away from me and into the house. i didn't even try to stop her, it was like i was paralysed from pure stupidity.

Wiping my hands down my face roughly i blew out a frustrated breath before letting my head fall, i kicked my shoe against the wooden porch floor scuffing the shine.

"I like you..." Saying it out loud now was easy but saying it to her was like learning to walk on water, i couldn't muster up enough guts to tell her that i wanted to be more, i don't even know if she wants that, she would probably reject me and then Jake would find out and never speak to me again.

From the way he treats her you would naturally think he doesn't care about her but that was so far from the truth it was unbelievable, Hayley was only ever picked on when she was young, ever since she was preparing for high school Jake was looking out for her, warning and threatening everyone not to mess with her or he would... In his own words 'Rip them a new asshole', i don't think Hayley even realised that she hadn't been picked on since she started.

Not that she would have been picked on, shes smart and crazy beautiful.

I don't exactly remember when my feelings changed for her but it was around the time that she started high school, over those last three months of summer it was like she bloomed, her acne had calmed down, she had her braces removed minimising her buck tooth problem, instead of braids she wore in her hair most of her life she let her long wavy locks free, she had discovered makeup and sarcasm, and somewhere along the line a nice figure, i only noticed it when her mother stopped dressing her in stupid outfits and she chose to dress herself.

So i guess i have kind of liked her since she was thirteen and jake and i were fourteen so about... Three years... But that was only a thing in the back of my mind, never to touch or even think more of but these last few weeks have brought it to the surface, so much to the point that the only thing i can think about is when will i get to see her next, before i go to sleep shes all i think about, when I'm sleeping she is in nine out of ten of my dreams, when i am hanging out with Jake and he pulls a face that looks similar to one that she would pull i smile and think about her some more like what shes doing, where she is and if shes thinking about me. And now shes mad at me again, just perfect...

I also sound like a perverted stalker.

What i need to do is man the hell up and tell her how i feel.

With no idea how long i had been standing on the porch for i finally entered the house, making my way up the stairs thinking that i might just wait until shes not mad to tell her how i feel.

Before opening Jakes door i could hear more than one voice inside. for the first time in my life i knocked on his door.

A few seconds later jake pulled open the door, stepped out then closed it again.

"Finally bro, i got two hot babes in there waiting for you, i was thinking you pick one and ill take the other, what ya think?" To be honest I was still thinking about his sister but I couldn't tell him that.

"Na bro not tonight, not feelin it." I told him.

"Oh c'mon man, really?" I shook my head. "You sure?" I nodded my head. "Okay bro, more for me. You right to sleep in the guest room?" I nodded my head once more and watched him disappear back into his room closing the door.

Turning around I almost jumped when I saw Hayley standing against her door frame in the dark.

"Jesus crust hales, I'm buying you a bell." Her delicate laugh suddenly filled the small cold hallway with warmth, she came out of the shadows wearing short pyjama shorts and a black band tee, her hair swept up into a messy bun. She was beautiful.

And she was smiling, something she did around me often now but still made me forget everything I was about to say leaving me blubbering like an idiot.

"Sounds like fun in there, why didn't you join?" She asks looking down at her hands, something she does when she regrets asking something.

"Cause the girl I like is not in there." Her head snapped up again.

"You like someone?" Her eyes darted around like she was trying to think who it could have been. Now was my chance to tell her.

"Yea I do, it's crazy I can't stop thinking about her when I'm not with her and when I am with her I can't stop thinking about kissing her."

"Oh... Do I know her... Maybe I could say something for you." I took slow steady steps toward her.

"You do know her, actually your very close. She has long chestnut hair, like you. Big beautiful brown eyes, like you. An amazing sense of humour, also like you." Her face started to flush and I could see and hear her shallow breaths. "She is amazing in everything she does, like you. When she smiles she makes my heart skip a beat, like you. This girl makes me want to never leave her side, I want to protect her and I want to love her. Do you know who I'm talking about?" She swallowed hard and opened her mouth.

"Me?----" taking her face into my hands I brought my lips down onto hers, kissing her.

I'm not going to say I saw fireworks but hell I literally felt like one!

After a few short seconds I pulled back looking at her, her eyes were closed and her brows were raised high in surprise. She opened her eyes and before I knew it she wrapped her hands around my neck pulling me into another kiss. I kissed her back with as much force as she was giving maybe even more, moving my hands to her hips I pushed up against her bedroom door.

Hayley POV

"Me?---" I was silenced by Tyler's lips enveloping mine, I was so surprised by the kiss I was frozen in place.

It took me a second to realise that his lips weren't there and when I opened my eyes to meet his, I could see him searching for a response. Leaping forward I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in to kiss me, as soon as our lips met they melded together perfectly, synchronising to the beat of our hearts.

I kissed him like he was my last lifeline and he kissed me right back the same way, feeling his hands on my hips he pushed me back against something cool and hard, quivering from his small touch I reached my hands down to the hem of his shirt and then sliding them under feeling the soft skin of his abdomen and chest then along his back.

Hearing him let out a small deep moan sent me wild for more, digging my fingernails into his back slightly he moaned again this time I could hear his voice shaking, his hot wet kisses left my mouth and started traveling down my neck and across my collarbone as one of his hands slipped under my shirt, stopping just below my breast, I wanted him to touch me, no I needed him to touch me.

Moving my hands from his back I left one on his hip pulling him closer and slipped my other one up my own shirt finding his hand and moving it up slightly, but it never got there.

"We gotta stop." He whispered into my ear making me moan again.

"No we don't." I told him. He pulled away gently.

"Believe me, I don't want to and I can't believe I had the strength to do it just then but I really don't want to screw this up by going too fast. You know what I mean?"

Sadly I did...

"Yea... I know what you mean." He stepped up to me again and kissed me on the cheek.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Would any of you lovely people be able to make me a new cover? This one was just a quick 10 minute job and I think it's time for a better one so send me what you got :) love you Peta xx