Chapter 4 -Hales.

Even though I had an anger vent to Adam on the phone last night before bed I was still angry this morning, fuming, seeing red, about to flip a switch, whatever name there was for it I was it!

Lacing up my joggers I grabbed my iPod and head phones off the bed side table harshly and stuffed it in the pocket strap I have for my arm. Pushing in my headphones I pressed play drowning out the already silent world. Leaping down the stairs and into the kitchen I took my water bottle from the fridge and began my stretches.

Running out of the house I jogged my usual warm up around the block starting from my house and coming back around to Tyler's.

I quickly past Dr. Peters out walking his wife's beady eyed chihuahua, smiling I gave him a curt wave and tried to get out of the ankle biters way before it started it's insanely high pitched yapping at me.

"Dr. Peters was checking out your butt by the way." My friend Becca ran up beside me keeping pace. i pulled my headphones out of my ears.

"Why do you think I run past him every morning?" I wiggled my eyebrows at her jokingly as her nose scrunched up like she smelt something foul.

"Eww he has been your orthodontist since you were six." She stated.

"Hmm.. True but I guess I'm into the old dudes now, hey Becca how's your dad going?" I laughed when she shoved me lightly.

"Keep your hands off my dad." She laughed.

"Don't worry, my hands are pretty full with Adam."

"Enough with the visual images please." We both laughed and picked up our pace turning the next corner back onto my street.

"What are you doing later? Want to come over and help me plan world domination or something?"

"Ooh tempting but i can't, I have plans with Dylan tonight." 

"Ditching me for the boyfriend? really?" I feined hurt.

"Hey a girls got needs that need to be satisfied."

"Oh geez now its my turn to throw up." I grabbed my stomach as she just chuckled at me.

"Did you go to Claire's last night? I heard it got broken up by the cops, kinda glad I wasn't there my mom would have killed me if the cops took me home."

"I left before they broke it up, Adam dropped me at home and I got busted by my mom and dad trying to sneak back in, Jake the butt muncher set me up."

"Did they ground you?"

"I don't even know yet, but I'll tell you something, Jake and Tyler will pay for it!"

"And here I thought you choked on my name Hales." To my other side Tyler ran and kept pace next to me, cocking his stupid cocky grin at me.

"Oh gee, I wish you choked on mine." I smirked at him.

"I'll catch you later Hales." Becca winked at me before running off down the nearest street. Great, just perfect.

"See now you even repulse my friends away, thank you very much." I started sprinting away from him but he caught up without even really trying. Damn stupid boy!

"You can't get away from me that easily Hales." Putting my foot out infront of his tripping him, he tumbled to the ground where he lay looking up at me, our breathing laboured.

"That was for giving Jake your stupid history essay, stop interfering in my life, stop calling me Hales, you don't own any right to use that name." Even though he was the only one who had ever called me that. "Stop following me and stop being a douche bag!" Turning away I finished my run and headed home to get ready for school. No sign of Tyler.

Getting to school on time was always a challenge for me, I would always get out the door and then remember something I had forgotten and go back for it and I usually forgot everything.

At first it was my gym clothes then my science textbook then my soccer shoes and lastly my car keys... Which were hiding in a very good place because I can't find them anywhere!

"Ugh! I'm gonna be late again, does anyone in this house know where my car keys are?!" I yelled through the house to my other rushing family members.

Dad worked five days a week at this up and coming new business that sells dinnerware, I think it's about to sink because seriously, u can go to Walmart and buy dinner plates for half the price my dad charges and mom works three days a week as a part time carer, she takes old people shopping and drives them to and from appointments, stuff like that.

Jakes just tryna Rush to fix his hair and pick the right shirt, he loved himself way too much and sadly so did everyone else.

"They are down here Hayley." Moms voice sang back at me from the kitchen.

Throwing a book I was holding on my messy bedroom floor I ran downstairs mumbling a 'thank god" to myself.

Mom wore her uniform of black pants and a tucked in button down blouse with her name badge pinned to the front pocket, her hair in a pristine brunette pony on top her head.

Reaching out my hand to snatch the keys from her hand she pulled them back out of my reach, my hands raised as if to say 'what?'

"Mom I'm going to be late, c'mon." I told her getting frustrated.

"No car for a month, that's your punishment." She bent over the kitchen counter signing off on a few documents.

"Are you serious? Mom c'mon how am I going to get to school on time?" I asked flabbergasted.

"You will go with your brother." I looked at her like her head just changed into a frog.

"You have got to be kidding me! There's no way I'm getting in that punks car!" Ohh hell naww not happening sunshine! She passed me my lunch and an apple smiling at me like she couldn't care less about what I thought.

"Ugh! No, I'm not going with him!" I stomped my foot like a five year old crossing my arms over my chest.

"Going with who?" Jake asked coming through to the kitchen.

"None of your stupid business, weasel!" I snapped. Mom looked at me scolding me with her eyes.

"You will be driving Haley to and from school for the next month." I shook my head. This is unbelievable!

"Like hell I am." I turned to give him a mouth full but got cut off by our dads voice coming into the kitchen.

"If you both don't do what we are telling you to do then you will both be grounded for the month, meaning no Adam." Dad looked at me then to Jake. "And no Tyler, you will do the dishes every night until we see fit and you will get a morning job doing the paper run. Seem fair?"

"How did her punishment become mine?" Jake almost yelled back.

"About the same time I over heard you telling her about where you got 'your' history essay. Now do we have a deal or do I need to up my demands?" Taking a sip of his coffee dad smiled at us and stood next to mom kissing her on the cheek. Stupid tag team!

In a huff, accepting our punishment we both stormed out muttering not so pleasantries under our breath.

Well this ought to be a freaking hell of a time, literally!

PetaMinter © 2015

{Edited}