Chapter 15 The Single Life

A few classes went by before my first sighting of Adam, turns out he came late to school or something. He looked great, he wore his favorite black hoodie-jacket he has loved since he bought it a year ago, His blue Jeans hung from him loosely making me question if he lost his belt again and his hair was perfect like it always was, until i would usually brush a hand through it, something i would probably never get to do again.

He didn't look up when he brushed past me in the hall, it was weird, like he didn't even know i was there, like the possibility of 'us' never happened in the first place. I hated it! i hated being ignored!

Oh yeah, i can see we are going to be great friends! pfft whatever, if he cant even look at me how the heck are we going to ever be friends?

"Hey loser." Turning around at the sound of Jacobs voice I crossed my arms over my chest.

"What do you want? And hurry up cause I actually have a life to get back to."

"Give me five bucks." I scoffed movingly hands to my hips.

"What are you, my pimp?" With a look of disgust he shook his head, rolling his eyes.

"I'd be asking for way less if I were your pimp." Oh gee thanks! I glanced around him expecting Tyler to be attached by an invisible tether or something.

"Where's Mr money bags, why can't you ask him?"

"He's in shop class and I'm asking you so just give it to me already!" His hand shot out going to snatch my bag that was flung over my shoulder.

"Eww, get off me you geekozoid."

"Just give me the money then." I huffed out a response while pulling my wallet from my bag and passing the note to him.

"Took you long enough you dweeb." And with that oh so graceful goodbye he was gone. Next time I'll just kick him in the shin and run for my life.

Adam sucked, Tyler sucked and like always Jake sucked. Boys sucked, but today doesn't have to.

Pulling my phone from my pocket I quickly sent a message to Becca.

Me: What are you doing tonight?

B: hanging with you?

Me: And this is why you are my best friend! In desperate need of a girls night!

One thing everyone probably does not know about Becca is that even though she's sporty and not into any girly things, she can still rock a girls night.

After some more ignoring I received during practically all of my afternoon classes the bell finally went. I gathered my things up slowly waiting for Adam to leave first, instead of leaving though he stopped at Sarah's desk quietly talking to her. She rocked a pixie cut that consisted of mostly black with purple tips and even though she was a more bustier girl with curves that I always thought she should show off, she was dressing in nice fitting clothes.

She was an amazing person and even though I know he's trying to make me jealous by making her giggle and blush I'm not going to let him do it, I won't get angry at her or jealous in the slightest.. He broke up with me why should he even be trying to make me jealous? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Shouldn't I be trying to make him realize what he's missing?

Shoving the rest of my things into my bag a walked out the door as calmly as I could, the whole time one thing soared through my head.

'You just wait.'

*******

Waiting for Becca at her beat up 1989 lancer i pulled my phone from my pocket and scrolled through Facebook, checking my notifications i saw Dylan had tagged me, Becca, Adam, Shannon and the cyborg twins in two photos. bringing up the first photo i gazed down at all the smiling faces. Dylan was standing behind Becca, his arms wrapped around her lovingly, i was hoisted up onto Adams back, my face bowed forward to meet his as our lips locked, Adams arms were wrapped around my legs holding me in place while his face was tipped backward and to the side to meet my lips. Shannon was standing in between us holding out both hand above our heads, his index fingers and his middle finger used to make me and Dylan look like we had antennas.