Chapter 13 -Tylers P.O.V

Chapter thirteen.

[Tyler]

Tapping away at the Xbox controler feircly trying to beat my smug best friend i was getting frustrated, i may be able to play sports in the real world but in the gaming world i sucked, big time.

Jake, the dick next to me has been my best bud since i moved here, hes more like a brother to me, i know him that well, we share all the same friends and play all of the same sport we like the same things, its kind of creepy, hes like my twin or something, of course i have my own brother but somehow we are nothing alike, i like chicks, he likes books. The closest we have come to even nearly sharing a man to man conversation was at a dance at school where he was being a pussy and wouldnt ask this chick to dance.

Ive known Jakes sister for as long as i have known Jake, ill admit we used to pick on her a fair bit when we were younger and to be honest, we still do. for me over the years its just became our way of communication, i say perverted shit and she gets all repulsed by it, not hard to tell that her cherry is most definetly still intact. Thats probably a good thing since shes seeing a guy who spends his locker room time checking out dudes.

"Tin man loses again!" jake yelled tapping at his buttons.

Scoring the last goal he won the game, defeated i chucked the controler onto his bed and stood up, stretching my arms over my head to release some tension. The shine of headlights illuminated Jakes dark bedroom and the roar of a familiar truck went silent, pulling the curtain back i looked down at Adam and Hayley talking.

"Hey bro, gonna go get a drink you want anything?" i asked Jake walking to his door and opening it.

'Theres some gummy worms hidden behind the cereal, grab em for me." I nodded i went down stairs to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of juice.

Opening the cubord to the cereal, i searched behind them and around them, i even pulled all the boxes out, no gummy worms to be found, packing it all away i heard Adams Truck start up again and speed off down the street. Hayley was standing there watching as it rounded the corner. seems to be a great time to bring up how she set me up today with Allison. not the first slap i have recieved but it was definetly one of the hardest.

Stepping outside i shut the door behind me and walked up behind Hayley.

"You got me hoe slapped today, I hope you're happy!" i asked stopping behind her,

I waited for her smart comeback like id always gotten but for the first time she wasnt going to play our little bickering game, some how i was a little dissapointed. turning around she wrapped her arms around herself as if she was cold.

"Can we talk about this later? I just want to go to bed." Woah, somethings not right here.

"Are you okay?" i asked grabbing her arm and turning her toward me when she tried to pass.

"Im fine." she sniffed and replied weakly, letting her arm go i rached up and tilted her face back with my hands. Her nose and eyes, which had darkened to a darker brown were red and puffy. I was shocked, ive seen a heap of people cry but i have never seen Hayley cry, not once.

"Are you crying?" my stupid mouth blurted out before i could stop it. Ripping her face from my hands and looking me in the eye, a tear fell down across her cheek. my hand twitched to wipe it but stopped when she started yelling.

"Yeah I am! Does that make you happy? To see me all broken and vulnerable? To be shattered beyond belief?" Another tear fell down her face. "Well if that's it you better enjoy it while it lasts, relish in it all you want I don't give a shit anymore."

More tears fell from her eyes and she wiped each one away furiously.

"What happened?" i asked now worried. ive never seen her swear and i have never seen her cry, it was like watching something that you never thought was poosible and it scared the shit out of me.

"Why the hell would I tell you? So you can laugh with my stupid brother? Forget it, go laugh at someone else's expense I don't need it, leave me the hell alone." She yelled pushing past me and up to the front door, i watched after her but didnt move.

I didnt know what to do, useually when chicks cry around me its because of some twisted love story they created in their heads, it never affected me, i could just walk away and feel nothing about us but this, this is different, this wasnt about me and she was someone i have known most of my life, i couldnt just not care about her crying.

Watching her retreating back stop at the door her body began to shake and i could hear her crying, turning to face me she looked so unlike the girl i knew. she ran down the stairs and wrapped her arms around me, mine automatically caged her in as her face sunk into the side of my neck. Then, i let her cry.

People call me the tin man because they dont think i have a heart. well now i know i do because i think it just broke a little bit.

Just a small part of what it is like inside Tylers head, he's not some inquisitive guy who knows what to say or what to do... hes just a normal guy and in an e-book comunity full of cliche super guys i think normal is good.

next chapter will be back to Hayleys P.O.V i hope you liked tyler as much as i liked writing him.

-Peta xx

PetaMinter © 2015