Chapter 2

Chase looked at me intensely and I dropped my hands and backed up. I barely knew this guy I couldn't get involved with him this quickly.

"SHEILAH! Why didn't you text me an- Oh. Hello." Paige swung the door open and made me snap out of  Chase's trance. She always had perfect timing.

Chapter 2

Chase and I stood there awkwardly. My face was hot from embarrassment and Chase also seemed uncomfortable with this situation. Paige on the other hand seemed thrilled. I rarely bring guys to our apartment and whenever I do she always seems to embarrass them beyond belief. Paige gave me a sinister look and I knew she was up to her old tricks so I decided to interject before it was too late.

"PAIGE," I said a little to loudly startling myself "this is Chase. Chase this is my 'lovely' roommate Paige"

Chase stretched out his hand for her to take and she shook it graciously.

"Charmed," she responded still wearing her sinister look but she seemed to catch on to my seriousness and took the hint. "It was nice meeting you Chase but I'm going to enjoy this inside" Paige grabbed my Cheesecake Factory to-go bag and slowly closed the door before opening it at the last second to add her final thought.

"Sheilah come inside soon," I nodded "ALONE..." She said eyeballing Chase. She finally shut the door and left Chase and me on the porch traumatized.

"Um, Thanks again for dinner and the ride" I said awkwardly trying to cut through the tension.

"Anytime." Chase said still distraught from the whole ordeal. Was this 'anytime' suggesting that we'd go out again? Before I had a chance to ask Chase handed me his number.

"Call me in case... You need um anything." he said awkwardly.

"Goodnight" he said before he walked off into the darkness and I went inside. I felt like I was floating on the clouds until I saw Paige leaning against the doorway. She was eating my cheesecake and looking at me suspiciously.

"So mami, Chase is cute." She couldn't wait to hear all the details so I decided to torture her.

"I guess so" I smirked. I ignored her and walked into our room and threw myself on the bed and stared at the ceiling. I knew Paige was following me and her pretty face popped up right in front of me. She gave me her most pitiful puppy dog. I sighed. I knew I'd tell her I don't know why I even acted like I wouldn't.

"There was just a mix up at work and he bought me dinner as an apology" This sounded like a lie as I said it even though it wasn't.

"If what I saw out there was apology then he must've been very naughty" Paige wiggled her eyebrows, flopped on her bed, and grabbed her sketchpad and began drawing.

Paige had always had the to die for looks that I wished I had. She was curvy in all the places that I was straight. She had long dark curly hair and a beautiful face with the cutest Puerto Rican accent. All the guys drooled over her including my brother. It was weird having your big brother hit on your best friend for as long as you could remember but, this was my life.

"It wasn't like that" I protested.

"Sure... So when are you gonna see him again? Oh and ask him if he has a brother for me." Paige said jokingly.

"I don't think I'm going to see him again." As soon as I said this Paige sat up and looked at me like I'd lost my mind.

"Are you kidding me? That man was perfect for you and I saw the way he was looking at you with that beautiful intense stare. And I don't think I've ever seen you like a guy like that." Paige fussed. She began sketching with more urgency.