I'm Late?

Chapter 16

I was silently shuffling at my table. My shift was almost over but my table was full of people. A bunch of guys were having a bachelor party and my table was their first stop. 

I was daydreaming about Paige. We haven't really spoken since our fight nearly a month ago. I just go about my business and she goes about hers. We only say something to each other if it's necessary. I was actually getting pretty depressed living like this. It's like my best friend was there but she wasn't with me.

I snapped back to reality when my top button popped off of my shirt and landed on the middle of the table.

"Oh now it's a party!" one of the guys screamed. I tried to pull my shirt back together but it was useless. I'd have to go through the rest of my shift like this.

My breast were growing lately for some reason. I'd grown a full cup size. My tops now clenched around my bust. 

I wasn't complaining, and neither was Chase. He acted like the happiest man on the planet.

When my shift finally ended I went to get my stuff from my locker and I ran into Iris.

"Hey Iris" I smiled at her. I loved running into her at work. She was pretty much my only friend now.

"Sheilah!" she happily hugged me tightly. "Did you talk to Paige yet?" she been trying to help mend our broken friendship. I shook my head sadly. Nothing was working.

"Wow these are huge!" she said cupping my breast. "How did this happen?" I shrugged

"I guess I've been drinking my milk" I said and I saw a flash of pain on Iris's face. I forgot about her and milk.

"I'm- I'm sorry I forgot." I said rubbing her shoulder.

"It's fine." She smiled sadly and ran away. I sighed.

I've been really bad with words lately.

I got home and was slapped in the face with the smell cleaning products. Paige had been cleaning again and the scents were making me dizzy. I wished we could just talk about this and move on.

"Sheilah we need to talk." Paige said when she heard the door close. She emerged from the kitchen looking at me seriously. This was the most she'd said to me in a month.

Maybe we'd make up after all.

She walked into the bedroom and I followed. She was sitting on the edge of her bed. I sat across from her on mine.

"Why are you sitting over there?" she asked sadly. I shrugged avoiding eye contact. She sighed sadly. Maybe we wouldn't make up.

"Look I know that you hate me." she started but I cut her off.

"I don't hate you." I said looking up at her. "Why would I hate you?" I asked. She looked shocked.

"I-I just assumed. I mean the stuff I said was...bad." she said shamefully.

"I sad some bad things too." I admitted.

"I don't hate you either." Paige added.

I smiled slightly.

"Good to know" I said

"I'm sorry" she said with her voice cracking. "I want us to be friends no matter what."

"I do too. I'm sorry too." I said getting emotional. We both got up and hugged each other finally making up. It felt good to have my best friend back.