Crash and Burn

(A/N: This chapter will switch views at time so I'll do my best to keep it organized. Enjoy :) )

Chapter 17

Sheilah's POV

I was definitely getting bigger.

I was really thin before I got pregnant so it just looked like I was thickening up. I placed my hand on my pudge in my lower belly. I was already 3 months pregnant and all of my friends were happy for me. My mom was calling me everyday checking up on me and the baby and Chase was really riding me.

He wanted me to move in with him. ASAP. But, I was hesitant. My tiny apartment was my home and Paige was my family. I couldn't just leave all that behind. Besides, I couldn't picture a baby in Chase's completely glass house.

And Sean was still clueless to all of this. He just called me fat every time he saw me. I didn't dare correct him. I don't know what he'd do if he found out the truth.

I was headed to work listening to Beethoven. Paige forced me to listen to it almost every second. She claimed that it made the baby smart and I didn't have the strength to argue with her. She was going to prepare this baby for the world if it killed her.

When I got to work my phone started to ring. It was a number I'd never seen before.

"Hello?"

"Sheilah! Hi!" said an all to perky voice. It seemed familiar.

"Um hi? Who is this?" I asked.

"It's Kai. How are you?" she asked still cheery.

"I'm good" I said.

"That's great. Can you do me a favor?" she got to the point immediately.

"Ok. What is it?" I asked walking into the casino.

"I need someone to watch Tallulah tonight. I have a huge client. Could you watch her for me?" I sighed. Work and pregnancy already had me exhausted and now she wanted me to babysit. But she still didn't know I was pregnant. Unless Chase told her and I doubt that.

"Oh please Sheilah?" she begged. I scanned the time card slot searching for mine which seemed to be missing.

"I'll owe you forever." she continued.

"Where's my card?" I mumbled to myself still searching.

I looked to my left and noticed one of the huge guards was staring right at me. I looked to my right and saw the other guard who's nose I made bleed a while back. They surrounded me and I knew what was coming next. I sighed annoyed.

"Kai I'm gonna have to call you back" I said into the phone

"So will you do it? Please I-"

"Sure" I said beginning to hang up.

I turned towards the guards.

"Let me guess. To the backroom?" I asked

"Not this time." one of them said. They took me to the elevator and we headed up to the top floor.

I looked over at the guard who I hit last time.

"You broke my nose you know?" he said when he saw me staring.

"Sorry about that." I said genuinely feeling bad. I didn't mean to.

"It's fine." he said simply. "I shouldn't have underestimated you." the elevator reached the top floor and we stepped out into an office area.

The receptionist quickly hit the buzzer.

"She's here" she whispered into the phone. The guards opened two giant doors and left them for me to walk in. I took a deep breath and walked in