Tonight's the night

"By the way." She said before she left "This changes nothing between us."

"I figured that" I rolled my eyes

"And I will have Chase" she said before sashaying out of the room.

I knew I shouldn't have helped that bitch.

Chapter 13

"Why didn't you call me sooner?" Paige barked as soon as she picked up the phone.

"Hello to you too." I said giggling.

"Why didn't you call me?" She asked again.

"The phone works both ways. Why haven't you called me?" I asked.

"Because...." She trailed off "I've been busy"

"Busy with who?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"I... Just .... How's your trip going?" She said changing the subject.

I took a deep breath and told her about my crazy week so far with Chase. I hadn't told her about Kai and her plots to get Chase. I knew how she'd react.

"That bitch!" she said.

"I figured you'd say that." I said flinching at her loudness.

"What are you going to do about her tonight?" Paige asked. Tonight was the biggest and last event of this week. The ball. It was for charity but I'd be more focused on Kai.

"Try to ignore her I guess. What else can I do?"

"Fight back. If she wants to play dirty you play dirtier" she said. I opened my mouth to reply but there was a knock at the door.

"I gotta go." I told her

"Wait! You haven't told me if-" She said as I hung up. I raced to the door an swung it open.

"Hi Sheilah!" Kimi said hugging me as I opened the door. I was hoping it was Chase, not his sister.

"Hi. Kimi" I said slightly disappointed.

"Hi Sheilah. You remember me?" Tallulah asked walking up to me.

'"How could I forget you Tallulah?" I ruffled her hair. "So what's going on?" I asked Kimi curious as to why she was her.

"I was just so grateful that you watched Tallulah for me the other day that I wanted to repay you." she said digging in her purse.

"Oh that's not necessary-" 

"I got us day passes to the spa here." she said pulling an envelope out of her purse "Full access: hair, nails, body treatments, facials, waxing, make up. Everything!"

"Everything?" that must have cost a fortune.

"Yes everything. I figured they could help us get ready for the ball tonight." she smiled at me widely. "This will be so much fun trust me"

I didn't get a chance to answer. Kimi had my arm and was heading towards the elevator as Tallulah trailed behind.

I've never been to a spa before. And I was not disappointed. My skin felt wonderful after every massage and seaweed treatment. It felt good to have someone else deal with my hair for once. The stylist had my hair up in a fancy updo and my makeup was done perfectly. After the spa we went shopping at the hotel shops.

"I can't thank you enough Kimi. This was amazing and perfect for tonight. I never could've done my make up like this." I thanked her as we browsed through clothes

"You don't have to keep thanking me." she said "Just help me find a dress."

We found her a dress and headed up to my room to get dressed.