Vacation

"No buts! Home. You're drunk" I yelled. Paige wined and turned over and curled up in a fetal position.

"You tell her mom!" Sean said  proudly from the backseat. Chase chuckled under his breath.

Chapter 9

"I want you to come with me."

I coughed and choked on an ice cube that went down the wrong pipe. I grabbed the edge of the table trying to compose myself. But my eyes welled up with tears from the burning in my throat. Chase patted my back. When I finally stopped choking I spoke.

"You want me to go with you?" I asked shocked

"Well don't say it like that" Chase said. /

I didn't know how else to say it. It's not often that a guy invites me to go on a five star vacation with him.

"I don't mean it like that" I said "it's just.... Work. I have to work." I lied. He and I both knew I could easily take off. Especially considering my in with the boss' son.

"You can use your vacation days." He pushed "Come on it'll only be for a week at max."

"Well I can't just leave Paige." I argued.

"Paige is an adult. She can survive without you." He said

"I don't know." I said. "She is pretty reckless."

Chase was frustrated now. He threw his head back and covered his face and groaned.

"Come on!" He said now looking at me. He grabbed my hands and covered them with his. "Look. I like hanging out with Paige and you. But I need a break from her. When's the last time we went out without her?" He asked.

I thought for a while and opened my mouth for a rebuttal but he spoke first.

"Exactly. Look. I just want to have you to myself." He said. He saw I was about to argue so he took my captive hands and planted light kisses on my fingers. My argument was replaced by a light sigh.

Chase looked up at me with big handsome eyes and gave me a puppy dog face.

"Please" he asked again.

"I'll go." I mumbled. Chase perked up and a big childish grin stretched across his face.

"You won't regret it. I promise." He said as he came across the table and hugged me.

***

"This is it. Sheilah this is it." Paige said with wide eyes after I told her about my lunch with Chase.

"This is what?" I asked frustrated. I knew what she meant but I wanted to deny it.

"Yea what is it?" Iris asked. Paige had taken a liking to her and now she's been coming over more often. She's actually grown on me too.

"It!" Paige shouted. "The big I-T! The showstopper and the panty dropper! That good good. The bed boogie! The no pants dance. Stuffing the turkey! Getting your-"

"I GET IT!" I interrupted or else she'd never stop.

"Is she talking about having sex?" Iris asked wide-eyed.

"Si mi patito" Paige said "Sheilah is going to get some." Paige squealed. "It's been so long Sheilah. Has your hymen grown back?" Paige joked and I hit her shoulder.

"That can't happen. Right?" Iris asked concerned

"I'm just teasing." Paige said. "But seriously Sheilah." Paige now said with a serious voice. "Are you excited?"