After the Hurricane

Chapter 15

I got home around 12pm. I closed the door and sighed reminiscing about last night.

"Ahem!" I turned around saw Paige sitting on the sofa with her arms crossed.

"Hi Paige" I chirped happily, I left Chase's in a good mood. "Did you camp out on the couch?" I asked looking at the sheets and pillows on the sofa.

"Where were you last night?" She asked her arms still crossed.

"At Chase's" I smiled walking in the bedroom to put my purse down. Paige was right behind me.

"So you couldn't have given me a heads up or a call?" She asked annoyed.

"What's the big deal?" I chuckled putting away the contents of my purse.

"You find this funny?" She asked. I walked in the kitchen to make myself a sandwich.

"Yes" I laughing "Even my mom doesn't grill me this much"

"You know what," Paige threw her arms in the air and stormed off "Fuck it"

"Whoa" I followed her "What's your problem?"

"Nothing" she went into the room and started to roughly make her bed "If you don't see anything wrong with staying out all night without telling anybody then why should I?"

"I know that you are not lecturing me on this!" I screeched thinking this was all a joke.

"Ugh!" She groaned loudly "You're being irresponsible Sheilah"

"I'm irresponsible?" I angrily took a step towards her "Me?"

"Yes you!" She pointed her finger in my face. "You're out all night at this guy's house" we were inches apart now.

I looked her unmade bed and angrily picked up the one thing that stood out. A pair of men's silk underwear. I brought them up to her face and her face flushed.

"And I'm irresponsible." I said blandly "What happened to the no sex in our room rule?"

She snatched the underwear out if my hand

"It was only one time." she turned around trying to end this conversation completely but now I was heated and couldn't let it go.

"Oh bull shit!"" I said making her turn around "Who was it this time?" I inquired looking at the boxers "That jerk Anthony huh?" I scoffed "You always manage to find the biggest asshole in the world and hook up with him."

"We'll at least I'm actually going to school." My heart pained slightly. This was a sensitive subject for me and she knew it. "I'm not a dropout like you!"

"At least I knew what I was doing in school" I shouted "When are you gonna grow up and pick a major?" Our argument was extremely heated now. We were both shouting a each other at the top of our lungs.

"When are you gonna grow up and stop shuffling cards all day?" She stomped her feet.

"At least I have a job. You make no money. It's me paying for everything all the time"

"Maybe if you had a real job you could afford to go back to school." I drew back a breath.

"I wasn't handed everything like you. I had to work to even get into college. All you did was bat your eyelashes." I mocked her.

"I did work." She whinnied

"All you ever did was get shit face drunk and that's all you do now"

Paige's face was filled with tears of fury. She grabbed my mattress and flipped it on the floor grunting and stomping like a child.

"Real mature" I said grabbing my keys to leave.