Chapter 11

"I'm here." purred a soft voice. I beautiful Native American woman appeared at Chase's side. She had soft gorgeous features and looked like a model. She placed her hand on Chase's shoulder and kissed him lightly on the cheek before he could realize what was happening.

"Who is this?" I asked angrily as I crossed my arms and tapped my foot waiting for an answer.

"Why I'm Chase's fiancé." she said smiling at grimly

Chapter 11

"Oh really?" I asked her "Well your 'fiancé'" I said adding air quotes "has been with me for a while now." I was angry now and took a step towards her

"I let him have his fun" she said "It's not like you're a threat to me" she said taking a step towards me

Chase saw the confrontation that was about to happen and stepped between us.

"I am not your fiancé!" Chase said to her "I am not her fiancé!" he said to me.

"Kai do not lie to this girl" Chase's father said to her. "Come here" he pulled her off to the side.

"What is going on?" I asked Chase now that we were alone.

"That bitch is up to something." he said distressed pushing his hair out of his face.

"Who is that bitch?" I asked. Chase sighed

"Kai and I were arranged to be married when I was only a boy. I never even considered marrying her though. I told my parents and her but she won't get the message." he said

"I'll make sure she gets the message in a minute." I said glaring at her. I could take her.

Chase read my thoughts.

"Don't stoop to that level." Chase said holding my shoulders "You're better than her and that's just what she wants." I sighed. Why couldn't this just be a normal week?

"Fine" I grumbled angrily. Chase caught me off guard and kissed me on the lips. I smiled when he pulled away "Ok ok." I said blushing.

I turned towards Kai's direction and she'd seen Chase and I kissing and it left her visibly frazzled. Yeah Bitch. I thought to myself smiling.

Me:1 Kai:0

***

"Is everyone saddled up?" the cowboy from earlier asked.

"No." Chase said annoyed "I told you that we need one more horse." Somehow everyone had a horse except for me. Since Kai showed up without an RSVP we we're short.

"Sorry partner." he said tipping his hat to Chase "Hey little lady." he said to me "The only animal left is ol' Betsy over there." he said pointing to a short tired looking donkey. 

"Oh you should ride her. You guys kind of look alike." Kai pitched in that caused some laughs amongst the group.

Me:1 Kai:1

"Ride with me." Chase said riding his horse up to me and stretching his arm out to me.

"Good idea partner." Said the cowboy. I climbed onto the back of Chase's saddle. "Now you just make sure you hold onto him tight."

"I will" I said wrapping my arms tightly around Chase and smiling.

"Alright we're off. Y'all follow me" the cowboy said riding off and everyone followed.

We rode for about an hour then we arrived at the ranch where a big campfire was set up. We got off of our horses and everyone headed towards the campfire. We gathered around it and the ranchers handed out sticks with marshmallows on them. Everyone looked at them confused.