CHAPTER 57- DINNER

hey guys. i've been MIA because i'd wanted to complete the story in my drafts before uploading the chapters. now i'm all done so yay. backkk.

Previouslyy: 1) Dana met this guy, Trent, at Pierre's lil party.
2) As Brie began to depart from the kitchen with Jayden's tray of food in a hand, she inaudibly murmured to herself, "I don't like butter, I'm allergic to peanuts," she mimicked, "Good luck with your dinner this evening Mr. I'm allergic to everything. Just don't die too quick."

--------

Trent had left Pierre's apartment with his friends a couple of minutes after Dana had, and had spotted her walking on the pavement.

His friend asked, "Ain't that the chick Bryan dared you to ask for the orgy with?" his friend snorted at his own words.

"That's her," Trent turned on his trafficator and moved into the next lane so he could be nearer to the pavement where Dana walked.

He began to slow down as she strutted in her tight denim jeans and a fitting blouse like she owned the street.

When she had noticed the Chevrolet slowing down beside her, she slowed down her steps and turned. Before she could say anything, Trent's friend in the passenger seat had rolled down his glass and asked,

"Hey, where are you headed?"

Dana pushed her hair back, the wind doing her no justice as she replied, "It's just fifteen minutes away."

"Hop in, we'll give you a ride," the friend continued.

Dana was just about to decline his offer till she saw Trent sticking his head out of his friend's blockage, his messy curls escaping from his hoodie as they complimented the thickness of his furrowed brows, the straightness of his pointed nose and the fullness of his lips.

She could have sworn she had held his gaze for an entire hour when it had only been five seconds.

"Sure," she smiled and approached the car door, overhearing the friend in the passenger seat asking Trent in a whisper,

"Should I go to the back so she'd sit here?"

But Trent tightly replied, "Bro, chill."

After Dana sat down in the backseat where another female friend occupied, Trent got back on the road, locking the doors of the car.

The six pm sky easily stretched across the horizon, dashed with hues of orange and blue, softly illuminating the halcyon surroundings.

Trent's friend in the passenger seat introduced himself, "I go by Coach," he stretched his hand out after turning towards the backseat, "It's a pleasure to meet you...?" he pushed for a name.

"-Dana," she completed, "I'm Dana, and it's a pleasure to meet you too."

Coach went on, "This is Trent, and Mimi right there," he gestured at the girl who stared at her phone screen with a huge smile on.

When she had heard her name, she lifted her head and smiled at Dana, "Hi."

Dana kindly returned her smile.

"So," Trent spoke, snatching Dana's attention as if it had ever left him, "How do you know Pierre?"

He looked at her through the rearview mirror and she replied, "His sister."

Coach wanted to know, "Are you and Pierre an item? The minute you showed up, he ignored everyone else at the party. You must be special."

"No, we aren't," she answered and sarcastically went on, "I don't know about you, but I wouldn't call someone who ruins my expensive clothes, 'special'."