CHAPTER 35 - I'M SELFISH

How silly was I when I asked the question about the origin of the 'You're welcome' song? Literally Everyone KNEW IT. So here's to the first three people who got it!
Von_fonoti Hazel_Cahill AddHeading

CHAPTER 35- I'M SELFISH-

(song above is Selfish by PnB rock. Listen before you read. Enjoy le update)

"Why does Pierre want to see Lara?" Jayden repeated his question as he approached Brie in an appeased manner, his toned legs and visible pelvic lines luring their attention towards that region. 

"Lara, let's go." Brie bellowed as if trying to wave off his effortless seduction from Lara's view. She grabbed a clueless Lara's right arm and pulled her away without paying any attention to Jayden as he reluctantly watched them leave to go see Pierre.

"Pierre!" Lara called out as she quickened her steps towards the garden, precisely the white bench he was sitting on. Pierre, upon seeing her got to his feet and welcomed her into his arms.

"Lara, hey." He chuckled, wrapping his arms around her, "It's been ages."

"I know!"

"You ghosted on me." He said as she pulled out of the embrace, "If I had known my cooking would have sent you running for the hills, I would have kept it to myself."

Lara laughed heartily as she pushed fallen locks of her hair behind her ear, "If there's anything in this world I miss right now, it's your cooking."

"Really? He asked sarcastically, "Why haven't you been answering my texts then?"

"I..." She scratched the back of her head, "A lot has been going on... I'm really sorry for ignoring your texts."

He observed her for a while before asking, "Are you free today?"

She paused for a second, then answered, "I could be."

"I want to take you out." He confessed. "You could tell me what's been going on, if you don't mind."

Lara shifted her gaze to her leftside as she gave his offer some thought. The only time she had been out of the house was when she had been searching for a new job, which she had been making a lot of progress with.

"Thanks," She smiled. "I could really use your company."

He chuckled whilst running his fingers through his golden brown hair, "Same with me. What time?"

"I just finished working so, I could take a shower, get dressed and we could be off."

Pierre nodded, pleased that he wasn't turned down. "Sounds like a plan."

Lara smiled, "I won't be long. Give me like, thirty minutes. Will you wait inside or-"

"I'll just wait here." He gestured to the bench.

Lara smiled then walked back into the house.

Twenty minutes after Lara had left Pierre sitting in the garden, Jayden casually strolled out through the main door, headed towards the garden; precisely where Pierre sat.

As Jayden neared him, his facial expression deliberately blank, he watched as Pierre rose to his feet with a friendly smile forming on his face.

Pierre slapped hands with Jayden and pulled him in for a quick hug as he joked, "Ghosts do exist."