Chapter 22- IT'S TIME

Boy OH Boy lovinglexy made this amazing cover for me and I cannot thank her enough! I APPRECIATE THIS! Check out her cover shop, and her books, they're amazing!

(I'll let you know when you should play the song. Some people are gonna like this chapter LOL)

"Thinking about Jayden?"

"Um, what?" Lara tried to mask her nervousness as Sam sat beside her on the bench, dragging his guitar to his front.

"You're thinking about Jayden." He stated this time, brushing his finger tips over the strings of his guitar.

Why would he think that?? Lara wondered, as she tried her best to muster the art of lying like Brie did, and probably everyone else in the house. And probably the rest of the world.

"Of course not. Why would I be thinking about Jayden?"

He looked up, confusion seeping through his greyish green eyes.

"Because he's going through something and we're all hoping he'll be fine before he gets back."

Lara felt her face flush with embarrassment. Of course. What was wrong with her?

"Yes, yes I hope everything's fine by the time he gets back."

Sam smiled and dropped his gaze to his guitar, his fingers holding down two strings and his other hand lightly brushing against the strings.

He changed his finger positions, and the sound it produced was melodious.

Lara asked, "Do you know when he'll be back?"

"Nope." He looked up, and Lara got the chance to study his face.

Straight face with a neat stubble, a pointed nose, perfectly sized thick eyebrows and mysterious greyish green eyes that could probably see through your skin and see ghosts. Mrs. Benson's younger brother was really good looking.

"I was wondering," He began, "Do you mind singing a song with me?"

"You want me to sing a song with you?" Lara was surprised, but then she remembered when he sang 'Perfect' by Ed Sheeran and she blended in. They Did sound good.

"Yeah," He replied, "Your vocals are really good."

"Thank you! And sure, I'd love to." Lara turned towards him and cleared a leaf that had fallen on the left shoulder of her uniform. "What song?"

"I Know What You Did Last Summer by-"

"Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello! Of course I know that song!"

Sam laughed, revealing a perfect set of white teeth, "Great!"

He began to play the chords, which were absolutely perfect, Lara had to admit.

(PLAY SONG ABOVE!! If you don't, you won't understand what is written after this A/N. ROFL HEHEHEEJEJ XD)

He began, singing alone, "Ah-ah, he-ey, Ah-ah, ah-ah," and Lara blended in for the second one as they sang in unison,

"Ah-ah, he-ey, ah-ah, ah-ah." Then she began,

"He knows, dirty secrets that I keep, Does he know it's killing me? He knows, he knows, D-d-does he know?"

Sam grinned as he rocked his guitar, eyes on Lara as she sang, "Another's hands have touched my skin, I won't tell him where I've been, He knows, he knows, he knows,"

He joined her, "It's tearing me apart, She's (I'm) slipping away," He sang, "Am I just hanging on to all the words she used to say?"

They blended, "The pictures on her phone, She's (I'm) not coming home," Lara sang, "Coming home, coming home," Sam nodded in amazement with a grin before he sang hard,