CHAPTER 44- A NIGHT WITH YOU

Play soundtrack when you see 'play soundtrack'.

Hi! If you haven't read the previous chapter yet, you should, before coming to this one.

A/N: You good, folks? Let's get into the update!

CHAPTER 44 - A NIGHT WITH YOU

"Why would you think that?" Dana attempted to brush off her unwelcome nervousness with a chuckle. "Why the heck would you even ask that?"

"I don't know," Pierre said whilst unfolding the paper once more as he got to his feet in front of her, still bare-chested with the shawl around his waist. He showed her the paper, "This?"

"What's this?" Dana took the paper with her unoccupied hand and stared at the writing.

Pierre observed Dana as she stared at the paper which had simply borne a sentence and a subscription.

He noticed how she had bitten her lip awkwardly, and spoke when he realized she hadn't been prepared to,

"What's going on between them?"

"What?" she looked at him, "Wait, you think they're together? Just because of this?"

Pierre frowned in affirmation, and Dana scoffed,

"You can't seriously jump into conclusions because of this," she fluttered the paper in her hand.

"This and other things. Tell me the truth. She's with him, isn't she?"

"She," Dana began confidently but found herself slithering back into hesitation. And that had been the final straw for Pierre.

In a sigh, he began to walk away from Dana in the direction of the door with his hands on his waist as he shook his head in disbelief.

He turned to face Dana, "Isn't it improper to date someone you're working for? And why didn't Lara tell me? When did this begin?"

"Look," Dana held up her hands in defense as she approached him, "If two people love each other, they shouldn't let anything get in their way. Jayden and Lara have had feelings for each other since the moment they met. They just needed to readjust their timing and um, their relationship priorities."

"So Lara has had feelings for Jayden since she met him? Wow."

Dana apologetically nodded. "I'm really sorry," she said, then handed him the white shirt, "I know you really liked her. I'm sorry you had to find out this way. She liked you too but..."

"I should go," Pierre mentioned, disappointment farting on his soft, but handsome features as he took the clothing from Dana and began wearing the shirt over his head, explaining, "I'm not really comfortable in other people's clothing but, I have no choice. I'll bring this over tomorrow."

"Don't bother. I'll send over your clothes tomorrow and collect this."

"You have my address," Pierre asked in a statement form.

"I might have overheard Brie one time," Dana shrugged with a grin. "Or wrote it down in case we needed to throw your sister out."

Pierre glanced at her with a lopsided grin which quickly escaped as he glanced around Lara's room one last time.

Dana brushed past him to the door saying, "Alright, follow my lead. Again. We gotta get you out of here before anyone sees you," she tilted her head to face him, "Emma knows so I'm pretty sure she's kept the coast clear. It's a good thing you parked outside the gate. Plus, the gardener won't say a word."

Pierre nodded and joined her at the door as she slowly opened it. However, Dana hadn't been aware of his closeness as she had unknowingly backed into the firmness of his chest when she had taken two steps back.