Chapter 36

Hey everybody! I just wanted to let you know that yesterday was my 14th birthday! :D

Okay, on to the chapter. I know you're dying to see it.

Midnightsky could bear it no longer.

She stepped out of her hiding spot, a shaft of moonlight hitting her pelt. "Silkfrost, what are you doing?"

Silkfrost froze. Then she turned around abruptly.

"That's none of your business!" she exclaimed.

"It is my business if it involves a rogue!" Midnightsky retorted. "Have you forgotten what they've done to me?"

Silkfrost's gaze lowered to the ground and stayed there for a moment.

Then it shot right back up. "I know what they've done to you. But this is different!"

"How is it different?" Midnightsky asked sharply.

Silkfrost sighed, glancing at the rogue.

"It's my sister," she murmured. "You should probably go."

The tom nodded and, glaring at Midnightsky, dashed back across the moor.

"Listen, Midnightsky, I know you've had bad experiences with rogues," Silkfrost meowed. "But Scratchclaw's different! He doesn't care that he's part of the rogue Clan and that I'm of ThunderClan! And what's more, I trust him."

"More than that, you love him!" Midnightsky protested. "You're too blinded to see the danger! The rogues almost starved you, remember?"

"That was one rogue," Silkfrost growled. "Midnightsky, you need to stop getting into my life! I know you're my sister and a medicine cat and everything, but can you just leave me alone for once?"

"Silkfrost, I'm doing this to keep you safe!" Midnightsky gazed pleadingly in her sister's eyes. "He's manipulating you to trust him— He's trying to use you!"

"I don't care!" Silkfrost exclaimed. "All I know is that he's the one cat who actually seems to care for me right now."

"Silkfrost, I do care!" Midnightsky took a deep breath. "Listen. I'll keep quiet about this as long as you resolve this on your own. Don't risk your life or do anything that seems suspicious, okay?" She closed her eyes. "I'm sorry if I'm getting into your life a little too much, I didn't realize—"

"You never seem to realize anything until it's too late," Silkfrost interrupted, dashing off without another word.

Midnightsky felt like the last piece of her and Silkfrost's friendship was shattered.

I just want to keep her safe, she thought sadly. I will keep quiet, as I said. But, I will keep watching her occasionally just in case something happens. When it has to do with rogues, it's never good.

With a last sigh, she started walking back to camp. Her heart ached terribly, and she regretted all of the argument she had just had with Silkfrost.

Silkfrost and I have never argued like that. Why are we changing?

She swallowed, the weight of her grief pressing down against her so hard she could barely move.

Suddenly, she heard a rustling.

Midnightsky immediately assumed the worst. She froze, unsheathing her claws.

The rustling sounded again, and she slowly turned to where it was coming from.

Then a squeaking mouse dashed out of the bushes.

Embarrassed, Midnightsky sheathed her claws and continued walking. At least it wasn't a rogue. Better to be embarrassed then ambushed.

Warriors: A New Beginning #2: Midnight Risingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें