Chapter 21

Hehehe you may or may not know my original song Waiting (Come for Me). Well, it's actually about Leafdawn :D It's up top for you to watch! I did everything in the video.

Now on to the chapter!

Midnightpaw sprang out of her nest and dashed into the clearing. It was still night outside, but almost dawn.

Midnightpaw knew what she had to do.

She would go get Leafdawn back. Alone.

Everyone thinks she's dead! Even I thought she was dead for a short period of time! But I'll show them. I'll show them that Leafdawn's alive!

She slipped through the dirtplace tunnel and started to run through the forest. She would have to cross WindClan territory to get to the RogueClan camp. But she was a medicine cat. She could freely cross territories for a good reason. And this was a good reason.

Her muscles started to ache as she reached the Owl Tree, but she kept going. Knowing that Leafdawn was alive gave her extra strength. Midnightpaw needed to get to her friend as soon as possible. If she didn't, it could be too late.

I have to slow down, she decided when she reached Fourtrees. Running through WindClan territory was probably not a good idea. And she needed to conserve her energy.

Midnightpaw stared at the WindClan border. She kept reminding herself that this was the right thing to do, that it was for Leafdawn.

Then she stepped over the border.

Midnightpaw tried to keep her fur flat as she walked through the moor. If WindClan caught her scent, they probably would be fine with it. If they caught her fear-scent, that would not be good.

The sun peeked into the horizon, sending a warm glow of light into the moor. Midnightpaw smiled. It almost made her forget the danger she was going into. But she still knew what she was going to do.

When Midnightpaw saw the 'abandoned' Twoleg nest, she sighed with relief. Her muscles were on fire now. She hadn't taken any travelling herbs which had been a bad mistake.

She carefully crept closer to the Twoleg nest, checking for any cats. There weren't any yet. Phew.

Midnightpaw was still very alert, though, as she padded through the rogue territory. She knew the way to the camp, she remembered it from when she and Leafdawn had hunted the day after they met in secret for the first time.

Her heart started to pound as she saw the camp.

I need to be very careful. If they catch me, they'll probably kill me.

She trotted over to the wall where the prison was. After checking for rogues again, she dug a hole under the wall and slipped into it.

If Leafdawn was in the prison (which she probably was) she would be fed around now. Midnightpaw squeezed herself into the prison wall and hoped that no one would see her.

"Here." She heard a voice— Blackpaw's! She also heard the sound of prey tumbling onto the ground. He's probably giving Leafdawn food.

There was no response from Leafdawn. Midnightpaw heard Blackpaw pad away.

Now she was faced with a very important question.

How would she get in without being seen?

I feel like a mouse-brain now, she thought. I don't know how to get in. But I guess it could be too late if I tried to get in tonight.