Chapter 26

"Where's Wheatwing?" Silkfrost asked eagerly at the medicine den entrance. "I want to see her."

"She's over there." Midnightsky gestured to where the golden tabby was lying. "She's feeling better now." Wheatwing had been in the medicine den for a few sunrises now. Soon she would be able to resume her warrior duties.

Midnightsky had been thinking a lot about the spy since her dream. The spy has reported...

"Where's Leafdawn?" she asked suddenly.

"Probably out in the clearing," Silkfrost answered. "Why?"

"I...I need to tell her something." Midnightsky darted out of the medicine den and into the clearing. "Leafdawn?"

"What is it?" Leafdawn looked up from the vole she was eating.

"It's..." Midnightsky lowered her voice. "It's about the spy. I... I think that we should tell Flamestar and Wavepelt about it." She briefly explained her dream.

Leafdawn's eyes widened. "But... what if they don't believe you?"

"They'll believe us," Midnightsky corrected. "Let's go." She nudged Leafdawn. The tabby looked worried but she stood up and followed Midnightsky to Flamestar's den.

"Midnightsky?" Flamestar looked surprised. "And Leafdawn? What do you want to tell me?"

Leafdawn stared at her paws.

"Go on," MIdnightsky encouraged.

Leafdawn looked up. "When Bloodclaw captured me, I overheard a conversation between Bloodclaw and someone else. They mentioned a sort of spy... from ThunderClan."

"So you're saying that one of our cats isn't as they seem?" Flamestar's eyes widened.

Leafdawn nodded. "They...they also mentioned an attack on ThunderClan. To 'make them pay'. I think that the spy is giving them information on when to attack."

"And a few sunrises ago, I had a dream," Midnightsky put in. "It was a conversation between Bloodclaw and... I think it was the cat that Leafdawn mentioned. They were talking about a key point to 'eliminating ThunderClan.' I didn't hear the whole conversation but I heard the other cat mention 'healer'. Then Bloodclaw said that would be dealt with." She glanced at the ThunderClan leader, who just stood there in shock.

"So..." he began, "you're telling me that there's a spy in ThunderClan giving information to the rogues so they can attack ThunderClan. You're also telling me that there's something that the rogues want from us that might have something to do with..."

"...me," Midnightsky whispered.

"I believe them."

Wavepelt was standing in the den entrance. "I... I know these rogues. And I think that there is... a traitor in our Clan."

"But who would do such a thing?" Flamestar asked, approaching his mate. "I can't bear to think of it."

"I know it's hard." Wavepelt gazed at him. "But face it."

Flamestar sighed. "I know I can't argue with you." He glanced at Midnightsky and Leafdawn who were standing there kind of awkwardly. "You may leave if you wish."

The two she-cats did so.

"Well," Midnightsky told Leafdawn, "that wasn't so bad, was it?"

"I guess it wasn't." Leafdawn sighed with relief.

"Leafdawn!" Silkfrost ran over. "Do you want to join our hunting patrol?"

"Sure!" Leafdawn replied. She glanced at Midnightsky. "I'm going to go hunt."