Bookshop - Chapter 27

April 2013:

Harry's pov:

This is exactly one of those times I should've just shut up. But no, being the dumbass that I am I didn't think before I spoke.

Melody was soundless and still, the moment I said those words so casually like I'd told her a hundreds times, and her whole face was screaming so many words and feelings. Shock was obvious but I really couldn't figure out the rest and I didn't have a clue on what the hell I should do.

I couldn't take the words back...I didn't want to take the words back. Plus I had no other ideas on how to get her out of this state of shock.

"Melody" I said softly.

"You love me" she merely whispered. She looked so vulnerable and confused I didn't know how to help.

I didn't know how to reply, not knowing if my reply was going to make thing better or worse.

"I do, I love you Melody" I said. The words hit me so much harder considering that I was actually processing my words. I love her, I really truly love her.

I just know, I love her. I can't explain how I know or why I do at the moment but I just do. It's driving me insane that she hasn't said a word.

"Melody, it's okay if you don't love me honestly" I said. That was my way of assuring her and calming her down because I could see the internal panic. I get that a lot.

"Harry" she weakly said, as if she had no energy left.

I nodded, signalling for her to go on.

"I love you too" she said. My whole entire body felt like it was on fire yet I could feel the goosebumps. Melody loves me back, Melody actually loves me and I love her.

I felt like taking off my clothes and streaking through the street due to the amount of happiness and rush I was getting from those words.

I never knew loving someone could feel so good and having them love you back.

My mind was so far away I didn't realise that Melody had wrapped herself around me like a sloth, hugging me hard. I hugged back equally as hard and rested my head on her neck, breathing in her scent. This is how I want every day to be like.

We stood like that for a while, not one of us letting go. It felt too good. But it had to end somehow and that reason was my mum.

"Harry" my mum said softly. Melody unwrapped herself from me and stood upright, still clinging onto my side.

"Hey mum" I said. Melody waved shyly and smiled.

"Is this Melody, the girl?" My mum asked excitedly. My close family had been dying to meet Melody. I told Gemma about Melody the first day I saw her and I told everyone else when I announced I was going on a date.

"Yes mum" I said, beginning to grow impatient.

"You're gorgeous" my mum said holding onto Melody's hands and smiling really big. Melody bash fully thanked her and then they were hugging and my mum was whispering in her ear but I couldn't understand what she was saying, but Melody was smiling at it.

"It's so good to actually meet you Melody, I'll leave you two alone for now" mum said letting go of Melody.

"You too" Melody replied.

Mum smiled at us both and then disappeared into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry you had to meet some family when you probably weren't planning on" I said.