Bookshop - Chapter 26

April 2013:

Melody's pov:

I was left dazed and confused when Harry had a panic attack and then fled seconds later.

It's been over an hour since he left and all I've been left with is my thoughts, which is the worst. My thoughts were mucked up and basically most of my them are either pointless, confusing or stressful. Or just all at the same time.

I hadn't received a text message or a phone call from him, not even one to let me know he's okay. So instead I'd made myself look pathetic and clingy by texting him multiple times. Yet every time I reminded myself he wasn't going to answer I still had hope that was continuously shattered.

I realise time and time again whenever I'm feeling stressed or worried that the worst possible thing than knowing is not knowing. Yeah, it may be something bad that I might rather not know but it can't be worse than the possible things that I'm constantly reminding myself of. My brain just automatically thinks of the worst possible scenarios so I'd rather actually know what's going on or at least if he's okay.

It doesn't help when you're known for worrying. I don't worry like usual people, I overthink and get myself emotional and confused and make things ten times worse for myself than they originally were.

It's fucking horrible.

So I grabbed the left over ice cream in my freezer and put on a movie. Distracting myself is always good especially if a comfy bed, movies and food are involved.

~

I knew this was a stupid idea but the distraction didn't work because Harry is my distraction. So now I was pulling on my extremely comfortable jacket and boots, and picking up my car keys.

I was going to see Harry and find out what the hell is going on no matter how stupid i end up looking.

~

I parked up a fair distance away from his house which was my first guess at where he would be. I hopped out the car and took a deep breath.

I was so nervous right now for so many reasons.

I reached the bottom of the pathway up to his house and fuck I was freaking out. I took slow steps but all too quickly I was stood outside his door. I nervously knocked on the door and began fiddling with my clothing.

Will he even want to see me?

I was beginning to turn and leave when the door opened. It was Penny sadly.

"Harry's not here" Penny bluntly said. She obviously made herself comfortable considering she was wearing Harry's clothes and casually eating his food.

"Where is he?" I asked calmly, although inside I was on my knees begging. This could end up two ways, I don't find him and I go home and worry some more or I find him and well the rest is unexpected.

"Said something about his mum but I have no clue, he just ran in and back out" she said. I decided I'd leave rather than interrogate her further because she obviously looked bored and was mentally asking me to leave, I could just tell.

So without another word I left. I sat back in my car contemplating what I should do now.

I don't know where his mum stays and I don't know where else he could be if he wasn't at his mums. So basically I'm screwed.

Or I could go pro stalker and ask Jai because Jai must have met his mum before.

Jai help where does Harry's mum live?