Bookshop - Chapter 19

April 2013:

Harry's pov:

Last night me and Melody went on our second date and today was a new month. A new day, April fools and I knew exactly what I had planned.

If I'm honest my plan is gold, I had no doubts about it. Basically I was going to do a load of small pranks and just annoy the hell out of her but I knew exactly how to do it. I had searched ideas on the internet and found a few I could try. So that's what I was doing, I was getting up extra early for work to go prank Melody before she arrives. Exciting.

I'd already managed to start one like how when she went to the bathroom at one point yesterday on our date I snuck into her bag and changed her alarm to 3am so yeah she probably isn't gonna be happy her alarm went off a 3am.

Second one was what I was doing right now, I was up few hours before work so I knew Melody didn't get up for another hour or so I hope. I was outside her house with a lot of sticky notes to put on her car. This was going to be fun.

Surprisingly it didn't take as long as I thought and her car was filled with colourful sticky notes in only half an hour. I couldn't wait until she arrived at work.

As soon as I had done that I drove to work ready to start there. Jai was already in and allowed me to do this.

As soon as I arrived I done the typical prank and taped a air horn to the entrance door and the seat Melody would be sitting at.

Next I got out some sour cream and onion Pringles and licked the flavour off most of the top ones which I would offer to Melody.

Earlier I had filled some doughnuts with mayonnaise and brought them in. I stuck them under the counter.

My last prank I had planned before Melody got here was that I bought bang snap things an stuck it under the toilet seat. I could only hope no one else would go in before her. Either way it'd be funny.

Now I had to wait. Wait for Melody to get here and wait for her reaction.

While waiting I went over to the cafe, careful about opening the door, and bought myself a cold drink and a packet of crisps. By the time I got back Melody had drove up with all the sticky notes still on excluding the ones on the windows. She looked so pissed.

I burst out laughing, not being able to contain myself. Melody got out the car and looked even more pissed that I was laughing.

"Who done that?" I asked, playing dumb.

"No idea, I was leaving for work and it was like that plus my alarm went off really early and It took me forever to sleep again" She said. I felt kind of bad about the whole sleeping thing but the car thing was fucking hilarious.

People were walking by and laughing. Melody didn't look too happy.

"Weird" I replied. She shrugged it off and made her way into the bookstore.

"I tried to take them off before I got here but if I did I would've have been-holy shit fudge" Melody cut herself off and cursing at the noise. I was cackling by this point because not only did she say 'holy shit fudge' but she actually fell to the ground. She got such a fright she fell to the ground. I would've helped her up but I was in hysterics.

She pulled herself together and got up, looking around to check if anyone saw.

"This really isn't your day today" I said and she still had no idea it was April fools and that I was pranking her.

"No" she bluntly replied and walked further into the shop. I followed closely behind her just waiting for the next prank. She let out a sigh and went to sit on the seat. I knew exactly what was coming. The same noise erupted around the room and Melody flew out of her chair. She held her hand against her chest and was breathing heavily. I was starting to feel concerned until her breathing regained.