Chapter 13 - Bookshop

March 2013

Melody's pov

Harry came into work looking like hell. He had bags under his eyes and his entire body was slumped over as if he was sleep walking. I watched him walk by the counter and completely ignore my existence. I coughed and got his attention. He whipped around and tried to smile at me.

"Hey" Harry mumbled, barely managing to stop yawning while he spoke. He shuffled over and sat on the chair beside me.

"No offence, but you don't look too great" I said. He smiled slightly and yawned.

"Didn't get much sleep at all. I feel terrible" he said, rubbing his eyes. I gave him a sympathetic look.

"If you want to leave now before Jai comes out and I'll tell him you phoned me and told me you were ill or something" I offered but he shook his head.

"Thanks but Jai would find out somehow and home is boring" he replied. I felt a little happy when he mentioned home being boring, maybe he was implying it wasn't boring at work because of me. This is what I always end up doing, stop it Melody, stop overthinking.

"Okay."

******

Not even 10 minutes later Harry had fallen asleep at the counter. I really didn't want to have to wake him up but I don't think customers would be to happy.

"Harry" I whispered, hoping it would get his attention. He stirred slightly but his eyes remained closed.

"Harry" I repeated. I poked at his arm but still nothing. I stroked his cheek and watched as his eyes fluttered open and felt him lean into my hand. No matter how nice it felt i removed my hand.

"You fell asleep" I said. Harry sat up and stretched his entire body.

"Yeah, I know" he laughed and stood up."Would you mind if I take a nap in the back and you can wake me up in an hour?"

"Sure." His entire face radiated joy at that moment, knowing he would be getting some well needed sleep.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you" Harry said. He pulled me up from my seat and gave me a long cosy hug. He pulled away, but still with his hands on my shoulders, and smiled.

"Wake me up in a hour?" He asked again. I nodded and he smiled before running off to sleep.

That boy.

******

I had woken Harry up an hour late, thinking he needed it and boy was he grateful for that extra hour sleep.

We were currently finishing up work and talking by the door. Harry still had bags under his eyes but his posture was better and he had more energy. Jai rushed out from the back room and ushered us out. He locked up and left, leaving only me and Harry waiting outside in the cold. I could just leave right now in my car but somehow I knew he wasn't going to leave yet and I was right.

"So last night was fun" he said and shoved his hands into his jeans pocket. We both sheepishly smiled, acting like teenagers experiencing there first relationship. Except we weren't in a relationship.

"It was" I bluntly replied. I had no idea what else to say and just swayed from side to side, awaiting his next words.

"We can do something like that again but not in your house" he mumbled and I almost didn't hear him. Almost.

"Like a date?" I asked. I really hope I didn't come off eager there. Harry shook his head and nodded at the same time. I was utterly confused."What are you doing?"

"Nothing, uh a date if you want it to be" he said. He looked extremely nervous and definitely not himself. But I was finding out small things about Harry I would have never knew.

"That's not a very good invitation, do you ask all the girls out that way?" I teased. Harry looked at the floor and I mentally patted myself on the back for getting him all flustered and nervous. I could get used to this.

"Only you" he muttered. Yet again looking down at the floor and awkwardly scratching the back of his neck."I mean I've never been on a date so I've never asked anyone on a date" he laughed.

Now it was my cheeks that turned red and it was me staring at the floor.

I was happy, very happy and I had no choice but to show that when a smile enveloped my features and my dimple appeared. Harry smiled the exact same back at me but both of his dimples showing and we just stood like that. No talking and no touching, just staring and smiling and silence.

Finally I came out of my trance and spoke up."It would be a pleasure" I said. Harry smiled even more if that was possible and chuckled.

"Tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow"

Short but basically nothing was happening in this chapter so I just wrote a bunch of stuff.