Bookshop - Chapter 3

March 2013 - Chapter 3

Melody's pov:

He didn't look too happy. Was it cause I'm here? I really wasn't going to go but Jai kept apologising for me over working and said I should go out with him, Harry and Niall. Of course I said no but he practically dragged me here. He didn't let me go home and change so I was still wearing my clothes I wore at work today and my car was still at work. Sad times.

Harry looked good though. He didn't look that different but his hair was out of the bandana thing and it was hanging right down to his shoulders. It was really long but he managed to work with it. He had changed his top but not his jeans and was wearing a jumper which suit him. I'm sure that boy could pull off anything. To finish his look he had on brown boots. What must he be thinking of me coming here wearing these casual clothes at a club. Boys are aloud to wear casual clothes at clubs but everyone expects girls to wear dresses and skirts at clubs.

"Hi" Harry looked up from his slouching position and just stares at me. Way to make a girl feel uncomfortable. I fidgeted about in my seat trying to look as comfortable as possible. Which was very hard to do.

Finally he responded."Hi". It wasn't a friendly 'hi' or even just-being-polite 'hi'. It was a mean 'hi'. Wow. First he makes me uncomfortable and then slightly hurt. What a gentleman.

Thank the Lord that at that moment Jai came over with a blonde haired guy. I thought I was going to have to sit and endure more uncomfortable moments with Harry.

"Melody this is Niall, Niall this is Melody" Jai instructed. I stood up from my seat and smiled about to put my hand out for him to shake but he pulled me to him and hugged me. Well. That was nice and awkward. But Niall didn't seem to think so as he pulled away and smiled really big at me.

"Hey Melody, nice to meet you! Sorry about that I'm a hugger" Niall said with a very obvious Irish accent. I could get used to this.

"Hey, you too! Not a problem hugs are nice". I swear being in the presence of attractive guys gets me saying the most stupid things ever. First with Harry I say sup and with Niall I say hugs are nice.

But Niall just laughs and high fives me."Yeah they are". Well I like Niall. He's so bubbly and confident. Whereas Harry is sitting in the corner sulking like a child. I mean I have heard enough stories about Harry and he did tell me he was a dick but I didn't think his mood would change so quickly.

"You want a drink?" Niall asked. Should I? I don't want to get really drunk in front of two people I've just met.

"Sure" I replied. My mouth made up my mind for me I guess.

"Good, I'll be back in a sec" Niall walked towards the bar and came back 5 minutes later holding 2 drinks, one for me and him.

After saying thanks, Amy sat down next to me and we started talking. I'd met Amy not long after starting my job, her and Jai have been together for nearly four years, they were friends in high school and started dating. Ever since then they have been together, there good together and Amy is so sweet. We're good friends.

This drink was good, may as well have another.

2 hours later

"Niall you have a really nice face" I slurred. Niall chuckled and spun me around. We were dancing and I was having so much fun. Harry hadn't spoken to me since that awkward hi and from what id seen he was happier and dancing with a bunch of girls.

Jai was sitting on the seats with Amy and had been nearly all night, they couldn't keep their hands off each other. Niall and I had been dancing for ages and I was starting to get a bit sweaty. We'd been together all night and I really enjoyed his company.

Niall moved here from Ireland when he was 16 with his band. They were trying to make it in the music industry and London was the best place. He broke up with his band 2 years later but he stayed in London, went to college and ended up working in Asda where he meet Harry. Interesting. He goes to Ireland whenever he can. He doesn't have a girlfriend and has been single for 2 years. He has had small flings which didn't really go anywhere but that's about it.

Maybe Niall would become a good friend of mine. I've really enjoyed his company tonight and he seems like a great guy.

"You want another drink?" Niall shouted in my ear. I think I've had like 5 drinks already but I agreed anyhow.

"Wait at the table I'll be back in 5" Niall said before walking to the bar. Jai and Amy were nowhere in sight. Please please please say they haven't left, Jai was my ride home, considering the fact he didn't let me take my car. Plus I'm drunk and he wasn't. I sat down at one of the tables and waited.

"Melody". Who the hell was that?

Harry.

Harry sat down beside me with a massive smirk on his face. What's he up too? I giggled as his smirk turned slightly creepy. His smirk then turned into a frown and he tried to keep it that way until I started full on laughing for no reason and he couldn't force his smile away any longer.

"Can I have your dimples? please". I pocked both his dimples and his smile got wider until he started laughing. I crossed my arms over my chest and huffed.

"Not fair why do you get green eyes and dimples?". He placed his hand on my thigh and started trailing his hand up and down it. Um? What. I looked up at him and his face was so close. Like I could kiss him if I wanted too. He leaned in a little closer and I could feel his lips skim my ear.

"But you've got the boobs and the nice ass". My palms became clammy and my breath uneven.

"Do you wanna go back to my place?". Oh no you don't Harry! No matter how drunk I am I will not be a one night stand of yours. I removed his hand off my thigh and stood up.

"Hell no" i shouted before turning to walk away. Harry grabbed my wrist an pulled me back. He didn't seem all that surprised that I disagreed.

"One day Melody, one day" he said before walking away.

What the fuck just happened?

An: Hey guys I really want to get this story noticed, so if you could read it and let me know if it's good or not. Share it. Vote, comment, all that stuff please. Thank you. Also I'm only updating fast because I want a few chapters here so people can come and see if the book is good so far. So yeah. Please please please share this and vote etc. It would mean loads, considering this is my first story, I really want to know if it's any good and if I should continue. For me this is really exciting, sharing my story with actual people. It's not just me reading it. So please read and all because I will be so grateful.

And please do not copy this story.