Bookshop - Chapter 9

March 2013 - Chapter 9

Melody's pov:

Our date had gone well. We arrived at Nando's and I ordered my favourite, butterfly chicken and chips. Liam ordered the same which I was surprised with. He used to eat like crazy so I expected him to get a burger or something. Good thing was you could get as many refills as you wanted so I had about 10 glasses of cola. No joke. So I had to force the burps down which made me get a sore stomach. I didn't want to burp a hundreds times infront of Liam on our first date well kind of first date. I excused myself to the bathroom and made sure no one was inside. Luckily it was empty and I burped like there was no tomorrow. That may sound strange but I had too it was either burp in front of Liam or have a sore stomach for the rest of the night. I made sure to pee before I left so I didn't come back to the bathroom during our date. I made my back over to the table and took a seat.

"Back" I said pulling my chair in.

"Great, what do you want to talk about?" He said while sighing.

The rest of the date we talked about family, jobs, memories, relationships, friends. It was good to reminisce.

Just when our date was ending Liam got a phone call. He didn't tell me what it was but I didn't ask so I wasn't intruding. But he told me he had to leave and that he was sorry. He paid for the food, walked outside and gave me a quick hug before apologising again and promising me he would explain. He asked me if I could get a ride and I said yes. Which I lied. He hugged me again and left, driving off at lighting speed.

I stood in the same spot for a few minutes until I decided to sit on the bench not far away from me and then ill try and phone for a ride.

Yeah i didn't have enough for the taxi.

I sat on the bench and pulled out my phone. First I would ask my brother. I texted him and waited 5 minutes but he didn't reply, so I phoned him. 4 times. He didn't answer. Great. Naomi was still away and Riley didn't drive. Ugh. I contemplated phoning Harry but I didn't want him to think I was using him.

I sat another 10 minutes just thinking and playing around on my phone. I had no idea what to do. Then I heard my name being called. What the? I looked up and to my surprise Harry was standing before me.

"Hi" I mumbled. I didn't really know what to say.

"Why are you out here?". Straight to the point.

"Uh. I was on a date" I stated.

"He ditched you?" Harry asked actually sounding concerned about me.

"Kind of. He had to but he apologised and I told him it was fine and that I had a ride but I don't. So I came and sat here" I answered. At this point Harry has sat down on the bench beside me.

"Really? He didn't ditch you on purpose?" Harry turned around to face me better.

"No of course not" I assured him.

"Good. Who were you even on a date with?" Harry sounded both curious and annoyed at the same time.

"Liam" I answered. Harry nodded and frowned.

"How was it?" He muttered. I had to ask him to repeat what he said.

"It was okay, nothing big" I replied.

"What were you doing out here?" I continued.

"I was at that club over there" Harry pointed across the street to a small building.

"You aren't drunk?" I asked as I wasn't 100% sure but I don't think he was.

"Nope, completely sober". He stretched his entire body by leaning back on the bench so his top moved up to his belly button and underneath I could see muscle and tattoos. I averted my gaze before he noticed and changed his mood to cocky. Although I actually liked his cockiness.