Bookshop - Chapter 17

March 2013:

Harry's pov:

After lunch Melody and I went back to work where I confronted Penny and she admitted she over exaggerated. I could tell it felt good for Melody to not see her usual smug expression and instead annoyed frown.

Afterwards me and Melody had taken over behind the counter and done what we usually did.

Talk.

Basically the rest of the day had involved jokes, flirty comments, touching and laughing. I was very pleased with how well we were getting on. It felt as if we were completely comfortable around each other and when we did certain things we didn't noticed because we were so consumed in each other.

Work went by fairly fast and ended, meaning mine and Melody's second date was coming up and she had no clue what was happening.

I didn't really know what I was doing but I jut hoped it went well.

Melody decided to not get changed and just come with me in my car. The drive wasn't long and we showed up in no time.

I really didn't know how she would react but I thought it would be fun.

Melody's pov:

"Harry, why are there two bikes in front of me?" I asked.

"We're going on a bike ride" Harry replied."Do you like cycling?"

"Yeah of course, I just haven't been in a while."

"I can always help you" he said, smirking for some unknown reason.

"Sure" I laughed awkwardly, not really understanding what he was implying."So where are we cycling to?"

"Well we go on a romantic cycle to this little hill where I have already planned a picnic and we can eat and talk and then we cycle back to bring the bikes back and I have something else planned." he paused."How does that sound?"

"Amazing" I said."Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me" he leaned forwards, kissing me softly and them pulling away. Small gesture like soft and quick kisses made my heart flutter. He smiled at me, his eyes crinkling at the sides and his dimples popping out. I smiled back. He put his arm around my waist and led me over to the bikes and helped me on, even after many attempts at trying to tell him I could do it myself.

After he made sure I was safely on the bike, he kissed my cheek and hopped on his.

We cycled past all sorts of things including the wall above the sea where me and Harry shared our first kiss together. Harry quickly turned around and smirked at me, thinking the exact same thing. I blushed slightly and laughed.

We had been cycling for five minutes al ready and I was really enjoying it. It was so good to watch the city pass by and to just admire and really look at the beauty about it. But when I looked ahead Harry had turned around with a massive smile on his face and I knew nothing would look more truly beautiful than he did.

"Not long now" Harry yelled. I nodded while smiling. He slowed down so I was at the same speed as him. He moved his hand out towards me.

"What? Are you crazy?" I said.

"Just hold my hand."

"No."

"Melody, hold my hand before I swerve and fall of the bike."

"That's exactly why I'm not holding you're hand" I replied laughing at the imagine of Harry falling off his bike.

"Now that's mean."