Chapter 39

Stars can't shine

Without darkness.

----

Recap:

Hana only stared up at the blue head before turning to Koujaku who was filled with more fury. Then, she turned her gaze back to Aoba which he returned back.

"Aoba, you know what we have to do." Hana said as Aoba nodded in understanding as they turned to Koujaku; Hana still in Aoba's arms.

"Koujaku."

----

In Koujaku's mind..

(Hana) Normal POV:

As Aoba and I entered Koujaku's mind, we both were placed in a dark room. Ominous silence, yet there are muffled voices somewhere within the area. Both of us looked around for any sign of Koujaku.

'How could he be so ruthless to that man with the skulls..? Well, I guess he'd deserve it..' I thought.

"Follow me." Aoba muttered, holding my right hand tightly as we walked towards a panel.

Aoba looked troubled as he stared at it, but held the handle and slid the door open. We walked in as our footsteps were heard in the silence. Then, shadows came crawling towards Aoba's feet. He yelled in surprise as he tried to get them off his legs. By instinct, I waved my hand horizontally towards the shadows as they retreated back.

"We should go find Koujaku quickly. I won't be able to hold those back for long." I informed as he nodded in reply.

Hand-in-hand, both of us ran towards the panel, opening it, only to find another dark room. Although, the muffled voices were getting louder as we keep going straight; continuously entering same dark rooms. Finally, we arrived to a different room to see Koujaku laying on his stomach at a futon. But, this Koujaku looked younger and he had a painful expression on his face. Also, there was blood on the futon which bothered the both of us.

"Koujaku!?"

Then, the shadows arrived, ignoring our presence as they wrapped around Koujaku's figure, only making him suffer more. My free arm moved towards Koujaku as if it was being controlled, but a sudden pain filled my chest causing me to flinch slightly.

'Ugh.. This is like last time..'

I forced my arm to retreat back to my side as the pain in my chest lessened slightly. I could feel the pain burning in my chest, but I chose to ignore it. I don't want to be a bother to Aoba.

We had to save Koujaku this time.

All of a sudden, there were screams of agony and I hadn't noticed the transparent panels were covered in blood as silhouettes of people were being killed while falling to the cold hard ground. There was also another silhouette chasing another man, sword in hand.

"What is this memory..?" Aoba muttered, tightening his grip on my hand. "What happened to Koujaku..?"

All of a sudden, footsteps were heard outside which were coming towards our direction. The panel slid open, to reveal a woman. But, she was a bloody mess due to her injuries as the blood stained her kimono.

"Koujaku's mom?"

The woman or Koujaku's mother collapsed on her knees and weakly stretched an arm towards her son.

"...jaku.."

The younger Koujaku only moaned in pain as the shadows wrapped around his figure more.

"Koujaku!" Aoba yelled, but he collapsed to the ground, releasing my hand from his hold.

"Aoba!" I kneeled by his side to see some of the shadows on his back.

"Damn it.. Koujaku..!" Aoba then stood up and dragged me with him to Koujaku's figure as we started to rip the shadows off Koujaku.

As we did, the pain in my chest increased more as I bit the bottom of my lip to stop myself from screaming. Aoba and I only got bruises in our hands, but the shadows only kept increasing around Koujaku's figure. It didn't make us stop though.

"Koujaku! Wake up!" Aoba yelled as Koujaku's figure was visible while he touched his back, but blood gushed out like a water coming out from a hose.

The blood then formed into a figure of that man that Koujaku's ruthlessly attacked.

"He is my work of art." Then he set his gaze upon me. "You will be the next one, Hana Hisa."

"Koujaku doesn't belong to you and I won't let you touch Hana! Release him now!" Aoba yelled.

"He is a work of art that I nurtured! That girl will become my prize possession!"

'Shut the f*ck up.' A voice said in my head as my arm suddenly was raised towards him, making him disappear from our sight while the blood sprayed to us.

"Tch.." I clicked my tongue as I then placed my hand on my chest.

All of a sudden, I felt a presence behind me while I looked at the corner of my eye to see a sword coming towards me.

"Hana!" Aoba pulled me to the side, but the sword was able to scratch my side, the blood dripping out slowly.

I kept my mouth shut and continued to ignore the pain in my chest and side. Our mission was to save Koujaku and I won't stop when we just have started.

"Hana-"

"I'm fine!" I cut him off. "Concentrate on Koujaku!"

Then, a vision appeared in our mind.

~~Vision~~

By the time I woke up, it was all too late.

There was a scene when a younger Koujaku was with his mother, saying there farewells to a younger Aoba and Tae-san.

Aoba, Hana.. I'm sure you both didn't know this, but my family..

"Thank you for traveling so far. We have been waiting for you."

My dad's wife couldn't have kids. He called me and my mom, his mistress, back from the island. Something about needing a heir; stuff that had nothing to do with us.. The tattoo means you're head of the family.

Next, there was a scene of the man with the skulls named Ryuuhou sticking a needle in the younger Koujaku's back.

It was forced upon me, by Ryuuhou under my dad's orders. When I thought of my mom.. I couldn't fight it. I just had to endure it. It happened the day they said they're going to finish the tattoo. The pain from the needle was worse than ever.. I couldn't bear the pain anymore, and passed out before he finished. And when I woke up next..

Then, there was a younger Koujaku, sword in hand, standing outside as he was covered in blood.

I was surrounded by a sea of blood. My mom was in there, as well.

It's all my fault.

~~Vision Over~~

----

Sorry I took long to update >~< I had so much tests to study for and I've gotten really ill the other day.

HERE'S AN APOLOGY POTATO (::)

Don't forget to

VOTE

&

COMMENT