Chapter 36

Don't talk to me because you're "bored."

I'm not here to entertain you.

And don't come to me only when you need a favor.

I don't like being used.

----

Recap:

Before they left, Tae explained about her working in Toue's lab in the past. She also explained why she was kidnapped in the first place due to Toue wanting her back in the lab. It was 9:36pm as Hana and Aoba decided to go back to bed before Tae stopped the both of them.

"I think it's time for you both to know the truth."

----

In the kitchen..

(Hana) Normal POV:

"Hm? Is that why you sent everyone home?" Aoba asked as we all sat down at the dining table. "Tell us, Grams."

"..You both have the ability to put your consciousness into the minds of others." Tae-san said. "We called that power, Scrap."

"Scrap.." Aoba muttered from beside me.

'Just like what uncle said.. But how did she know I have Scrap as well..?'

"You both trigger Scrap with your voices." She continued, "If you both say something emotionally, people will do as you ask of them. You both probably had a number of experiences like that."

"Y-yeah.." Aoba said as I nodded slightly.

"Your voices has the ability to draw people to you. If you use that consciously, your voice will enter their heads and you can control them as you wish. If you want to know more about a person, or want them to have deeper feelings for you, you can plant your own consciousness to their mind." She explained.

"But by entering someone's mind, you confront that person's own consciousness without the protection of their defenses, or in this case, their physical body. At that moment, depending on what you do and say, it is possible for you to destroy that person's consciousness."

"Destroy.." Aoba muttered. "So that weird dream-like world that Hana and I saw today was actually inside Mizuki's head?"

'Please don't tell me you found out now..' I thought.

"Probably yes." Tae-san nodded.

"We talked to Mizuki then." Aoba said. "Mizuki was back to normal there, and.. He told us how he had been suffering and how conflicted he was about Dry Juice and Rib."

"What you spoke to was Mizuki's consciousness, without any lies. This Mizuki was unguarded, and spoke only the truth. How did you reply?" Tae-san said.

"I told him to fight back what was rightfully his in the first place." I spoke out, looking at the table. "I've noticed he wasn't thinking about the consequences before joining Morphine. I was about to continue, but then.."

"Hana froze and collapsed." Aoba continued for me. "What did happen to you?"

"I don't know." I replied. "Pain filled my chest and I somehow find it hard to breathe. It's weird since my senses are dull except taste. Then.. There was a voice in my head telling me that with 'him' around, I wouldn't be able to save Mizuki.. Before I lost consciousness, the last thing I heard from the voice was "you failed.""

"Hm.." Tae-san clasped her hands together. "It was your old conscious speaking to you."

"What?"

"I don't know if you remember that you and Aoba used to know each other, along with your sister, Sakura." Tae-san said. "But then, you and your sister disappeared after you and Aoba decided to play Rhyme."

"I.. Really don't remember. I don't know who Sakura is either. Uncle told me she was my older twin sister.. He even told me that she.. Died after the battle. Unfortunately, Aoba tried to use Scrap on Sakura in order to win, but I interrupted and made him use Scrap on me instead. So.. Yeah." I said, avoiding eye contact.

"H-how did she die..?" Aoba asked quietly.

"Uncle told me that she used her willpower too much, and I was guessing that she had the same ability as Aoba and I do, meaning her power was over her limit and.. She destroyed herself. No one knew who won, so they decided it was a tie. Uncle also told me that no one found my body after the battle." I replied.

"..You and Sakura were great friends to my stupid grandson." Tae-san spoke out after a while. "My apologies for your loss.."

"It's alright, Tae-san." I said. "I'm just upset that I couldn't remember who she is.. Or my past life. I'm really confused at the moment.." I said, before my eyes widened and looked up from the table.

'Why is there a bunch of people heading towards the house..?' I thought.

"Eh? Hana-" His coil vibrated before answering.

"Aoba-san?"

"Virus?"

"This is an emergency. Listen to me calmly. The police are headed for your house."

"Huh? But why?"

"I'm not sure, but quite a few of them are going that way. Please, quickly go run or hide. We're preoccupied at the moment because of the police."

"Right.."

"Aoba-san, please be careful. Hana as well."

'Wait, what? Why am I included?'

I've noticed something came out of his and my coil. It showed a pass to the Platinum Jail.

'I wonder if there's food there..'

"Hana! C'mon!" Aoba said, dragging me out of the chair and headed upstairs.

----TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY A COUPON FOR 2 FREE TACOS----

Third Person POV:

Aoba and Hana immediately got ready as she wore her sweater back on while they both wore their shoes in the front entrance. Eevee was at Hana's side while Ren was inside Aoba's shoulder bag. The lights were off in the house to avoid the police for the meantime. Aoba received a call from Koujaku as they talked while Hana carefully peeked out the curtains to see the police. It was the guy again that they encountered days ago.

"AOBA SERAGAKI AND HANA HISA!! COME ON OUT, YOU DAMNED TERRORISTS!!" Akushima yelled.

"Ren, I'm counting on you." Aoba said as he went to Tae with Hana and Eevee following behind. "Grams.."

"ALL RIGHT THEN!! CHARGE!!"

By the time they entered, the four has already escaped from the back as they jumped from roof to roof.

"Grams, I'm sorry.." Aoba muttered as he held Hana's hand tightly as she used her free arm to carry Eevee.

"She'll be fine, Aoba." Hana said.

"I hope so.."

----

I think this is the longest chapter I've written ;-; This took me two hours and a half and my hands are tired ._.

I'm hungry now -3-

Don't forget to

VOTE

&

COMMENT