Chapter 2

Tricks of the mind:

Do not compare me to a flower.

I will not wilt,

I will not sway,

So take your water far away.

Do not compare me to a flower.

I will not grow,

I will not bloom,

Surely, you can only bring me doom.

----

Recap:

"Alright alright." I sighed. "I'll make a wish."

Eevee smiled happily as I smiled back in return.

"I wish.. to be in the world where I truly belong.." I wished out.

Suddenly, the box, Eevee and I started to glow. Eevee jumped into my arms as I suddenly felt dizzy.

"W-what's going on..?" I spoke out in an audible whisper.

And with that, black spots started to fill my vision.

----

Darkness.

'Where am I..?'

"Hana Hisa." A robotic voice said which boomed everywhere.

'Huh..?'

"You have wished for something and we shall make it come true."

'Wish..? Oh right..'

"And now, you shall be awaken to your new life and remember this word always.."

'What word..?'

"Rhyme."

----

"H-hey! She's waking up!" A man's voice said.

Then, there was a sound of something being hit.

"Be quiet! You're too noisy!" An old lady's voice said.

I tried to move my limbs, but failed miserably. My body felt numb, but I can still move my fingers around a bit. I tried my best to open my eyes. As I did, light engulfed over my eyes while they tried to adjust a bit.

As my vision slowly became clear, I see two silhouettes hovering above me. There was an old lady beside me and a man with long blue hair who stood up behind her. I tried to sit up, but I suddenly felt ringing in my ears causing me to place my hand over my forehead.

"Don't move around, yet. You're head is still wounded." The old lady said.

"W-wound..?" I spoke in an audible whisper.

"Yes. My grandson found you unconscious and injured in a dark ally. Do you remember anything?" She asked.

I tried my best to remember what happened, then it hit me. Back home, there was a box found on the doorstep. Then Eevee..

"Where's Eevee!?" I suddenly screamed as I rapidly sat up while I looked around the area for Eevee.

"H-hey! Don't move around I said!" The old lady yelled, pushing my shoulders down.

Usually, I would be feeling pain if I moved around. But, I have a disease. I can't feel pain or anything painful. The only thing I feel weird is the ringing in my ears.

"B-but where's Eevee..?" I whispered softly, laying back down.

"Is it that Allmate with you? That looks like a fox?" The man said.

"Allmate? What's an Allmate?" I asked in confusion.

The man stared at me in shock.

"You don't know what's an Allmate?"

I shook my head. "No.."

"Allmates are artificially made beings equipped with artificial intelligence. They are generally used as a support for a network tool. Each one has their own personality so they can dislike some other Allmates. Allmates are able to search the internet and virtual space information." He continued.

"They are also used to shop online. There are a variety of models, and can be operated by speech, so many users have them as adorable pets. Allmates can also be used as a fighting partner in the computer game "Rhyme.""

'Rhyme..? Why do I feel like I remember that word..?'

"Oh, I understand." Nodding in understanding.

"Do you remember anything at all?" He asked.

"No.. I'm sorry.." I muttered, looking away.

"You don't need to apologize. Do you remember your name at least?" The old lady asked.

"Yeah." I nodded and smiled a bit. "My name is Hana, Hana Hisa."

"Hana Hisa? Everlasting flower? What a lovely name." The old lady said.

"Thank you.." I blushed a bit. "Who are you both?"

"My name is Tae Seragaki and this is my grandson, Aoba Seragaki." She said, smiling.

"Hello." Aoba waved and smiled as well.

"Thank you for bringing me here to your home.. You didn't need to bandage up my wounds though.." I said.

"Hana, those wounds may be only minor, but it still needs to be healed and it wouldn't hurt that much." She replied.

"But, I can't feel pain.. I was born with a disease called Congenital Insensitivity to Pain with Anhidrosis or CIPA.." I muttered.

Aoba stared at me for a while while Tae nodded in understanding.

"You may not feel pain, but it stills needs to be treated. After all, you're a woman. You need to take care of yourself." She said.

"Right.. Thank you.." I smiled. "May I ask where Eevee is?"

"He is in my room. He gained consciousness before you did." Aoba replied.

"Is it okay if you bring me to him?" I asked.

"I don't think you can walk properly." He said.

"Why don't you just carry the girl upstairs?" Tae-san suggested, smirking.

Aoba and I blushed deeply.

"E-eh? T-that isn't neccasary..! I can wal-kyaa!" I squealed as I felt myself being lifted up.

I immediately hung onto whoever or whatever carried me and I noticed it was Aoba.

"Y-you really didn't need to.." I stuttered as my ocean blue eyes gazed at him.

"It's fine.. You're really light.." Aoba replied, a little flustered.

"Aww, I already see the love forming here~" Tae-san teased.

"Grams!"

----

I just finished watching the first episode for DRAMAtical Murder.

It's pretty good so far :3

Don't forget to

VOTE

&

COMMENT

Ja ne~