Chapter 48

Diamonds are hard, but for all their hardness, they are fragile. If you overexert yourself too much, you may shatter.

{A/N: Sorry for not updating >-< My friends dragged me out of my house and surprised me since it was my birthday on 9th of May. My final exams are coming soon, so I'm really trying my best to update frequently!}

--

Recap:

"Clear! Put me down! I can walk!" I yelled, feeling warmth on my cheeks.

"Wha? Hana-chan, you're red! I told you! You are sick!" Clear yelled, carrying me bridle-style in his arms while lookding down at me.

"B-but.."

"No buts, Hana-chan!" Clear yelled bashfully while stalking towards the living room. "Now let's feed you breafast~!"

--

(Hana) Normal P.O.V:

Through the clear glass window, I kind of expected birds to be there, sitting by the windowsill peacefully as they chirp their day away.

I missed the calm, relaxing, melodies they produced. I felt like it had been years we've stayed in Platinum Jail. I wondered if Tae-san is alright. I hope she is though. Ever since I've appeared here, Aoba and his grandmother had helped throughout my stay.

I remembered I was just a clueless girl, looking for somewhere she belonged.

But,

Where do I really belong?

Memories had been flooding through my mind. I don't know if they're just illusions of the mind or reality. Everything felt too good to be true.

I am confused.

Am I just dreaming, in a world I would've never imagined to be? Was I in a coma, my body back in the other world, laying on a hospital bed as a mask covered half of my face while someone waits for my awakening?

Heck. No one's waiting for me. I don't belong there.

Suddenly, I felt frustrated as I laid my head upon the rough, brown table. I felt tired, even if I just had woken up from my deep slumber.

'Where do I belong..?' I thought mentally.

I somehow imagined that the room I'm in has gotten darker and the temperature had decreased. No one was around.

It was just me.

Alone.

"Hana." A soft, feminine voice spoke out.

I stayed still, thinking it was just another illusion. No one was here and that means no one is speaking to me.

"Hana." The voice repeated again.

Annoyed, I jerked my head upwards as my dark blue orbs rest upon a certain figure. The table I had laid on seemed to disappear along with the other furniture in the room. There was a girl, who had similar features as I do.

Pink hair.

Pale skin.

But,

She had ruby eyes.

My eyebrows slowly narrowed, believing it was just probably another illusion. I don't believe it's my deceased sister. She's dead and there's no need for her to be here in front of me.

"Is that what you think, Hana-chan?" The young Sakura said, holding her hands together as she showed a gentle kind smile.

She spoke as if she knew what I was thinking. She was just an illusion. I know it.

"Go away." I said rather coldly.

"Hana-chan," Sakura continued to smile while walking towards me. "Don't you know who I am?"

"I know what you are. An illusion." I replied almost immediately.

Sakura sighed softly, but shook her head while her fringes waved along with her action.

"I am not an illusion, but I don't blame you. I've sent you way too many memories and I knew you'll start to think they're nothing but mere illusions," she continued. "But, the world you belong is here, Hana. This is home. This is your home."

I didn't reply as I looked away. My mind told me that she was just lying; she was just going to fool me like the rest, but my heart tells a different story.

Who should I follow?

"Hana," Sakura had held one of my hands in her own and held it close to her chest. "Remember what I told you before when we were younger? Always follow your heart."

I bit my tongue to hold down tears that threatened to fall. I remembered that day. It was back at the village. Back home.

"I know you want to cry." Sakura said, "it's okay to cry. You've been too strong for too long. I know crying won't solve anything, but it releases some stress, doesn't it?"

I didn't reply, so she continued.

"I was the one responsible for replacing your memories, although Virus and Trip did the job." She stayed silent for a while before continuing, "please don't hate me. It was for your own sake. I didn't want our grandfather to get his grubby hands on you, so I replaced your memories with fake ones and transported you into another realm."

Sakura then released my hand and placed her palm upon my cheeks and made me stare into her ruby ones.

"I just want you to know that this world is your home. Please rely on Uncle Mink. Don't let grandfather catch you. Don't make them-"

"Hana!"

'What..?'

Everything was suddenly fading away. Sakura's warm palms felt cold as light surrounded her form. She looked like she was yelling something towards me, but I heard nothing.

Just empty words.

"Hana-chan!"

I jerked upwards and realized I was back where I was, sitting on the floor in front of the table. Panic ran through my veins as I breathed heavily, taking in harsh gaspsof air.

"Hana-chan?! Are you okay? I'm sorry I woke you up!" A familiar voice yelled out.

It was Clear. He was panicking all over the place as if he had lost his own child somewhere in this world.

"Clear.." I muttered out.

"Hana!" Clear yelled and tackled me into a hug. "I'm so sorry!"

I stayed silent as I buried my face into his clothed chest, savouring his scent for a while. His scent somewhat calmed me and I realized he was humming a tune I knew and rubbed my back gently.

I closed my eyes, feeling tired all of a sudden as a voice echoed in my mind.

"It'll be alright, Hana-nee.."

--

Clear pls stop killing girls' hearts from ur cuteness

like omg pls

--

Not edited (๑¯◡¯๑)