Chapter 7

I wake up

I never sleep

I fill my lungs

I never breathe

I move my lips

I never speak

Broken pipes that never leak

I open my eyes

I cannot see

I spire thoughts

I cannot teach

I drip in eighths

I cannot listen

Tortured souls that cannot glisten

----

Recap:

"E-eh!? We're not dating!" Aoba and I said in sync, blushing a bit.

"Haha.. Whatever you say." Mizuki chuckled and faced me.

"You sure have strength for a girl. It's impressive."

"Eh.."

----

At a alley..

Third Person's POV:

"Tell me.. How'd you do that?" Mizuki asked, looking down at the pink headed girl.

"Um.. I knew how to fight when I was younger.. So, I knew how to defend myself back there.." She muttered, avoiding eye contact from him.

"I'm impressed. Why don't you and Aoba join Dry Juice?" He asked, facing the both of them.

"I'm not looking forward to joining. Sorry." Aoba said.

"..Maybe later."

"Oh alright, but you both are welcomed in Dry Juice." Mizuki said, smiling politely at the two, but there was a tint of concern in his eyes which Hana noticed immediately.

"Mizuki? You look troubled.."

"Oh is it obvious? I was concerned about the Ribstiez being overshadowed by the popular cyber game, Rhyme."

'Right.. Rhyme..' Hana thought.

"Also, there has been mysterious disappearances of several Ribstiez groups and rumored to be the works of the mythical group, Morphine."

"Oh really?" Aoba said, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, so both of you should be careful nowadays. I should better get going. See ya." Mizuki said, waving at us goodbye before leaving.

"Oi! The Rhyme battle is starting!" A man said as several other men ran ahead of them.

"Hm? Why would a Rhyme battle would be here?" Aoba asked.

"Have you ever played it before?" Hana asked.

"Nope." Aoba said, shrugging. "Let's just go."

Hana nodded as they started walking. Eevee was propped down on Hana's head while Ren's head peeked out of Aoba's shoulder bag. As they walked, there was the Rhyme battle around the corner as they observed it for a while.

Then, there was a white figure that appeared out of the ground as the person announces who the players were before they started.

Aoba and Hana suddenly felt their mind ringing as Aoba held his head between his hands while Hana scratched the side of of her head.