Chapter 8

Sometimes,

No matter how much you want for things to happen, all you can do is wait.

And usually, waiting is the hardest part.

----

Recap:

The tall man stared down at Hana with an emotionless expression.

"S-sorry.." Hana said, backing away from him.

The man just stared before heading towards a motorcycle and driving away like as if nothing happened.

"Oi! You alright?" Aoba said.

"Yeah.. Just tripped a bit.."

----

In Aoba's home..

(Hana) Normal POV:

After hurrying back home, Tae-san appeared at the door way with a furious expression on her face.

"Aoba! You forgot to lock the doorway again!" She screamed, hitting her grandson on the head.

"Itai! I did lock the door!" Aoba yelled, holding his head in pain.

'Weird. He did went to lock it before we left when I reminded him.. He must haven't locked it properly..' I thought.

"Think again! It was open when I went out!"

"Well.. Oops.."

Tae-san sighed in frustration and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Whatever. Dinner is ready you both." She said as she left to the kitchen.

"Are you okay, Aoba-kun?" I asked as we both removed our shoes and placed it by the step.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Don't worry about it." He replied.

----TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY YOSHIE'S CAKES----

In Aoba's room..

Third Person's POV:

"Aoba, do you want to open it now?" Ren asked.

Earlier, Aoba received an automatic download and found out it was an old-fashioned game called "Silent Oath."

"Yeah, sure." He said, sitting on the bed with Ren on his lap.

Hana was sitting on the floor beside his legs as she played with Eevee, who chased after her fingers like a cat b

"It's starting, but.. Are you controlling Ren?"

"No. The character is moving on it's own."

"Oh, that's it?" Aoba said as the game finished and ended with a "To be continued.."

"Yes." Ren replied, closing the small projector.

"I don't remember installing it before.." Aoba muttered to himself before looking down at the short girl.

"Is it okay if we sleep together instead?" Hana suddenly spoke out as she kept her gaze on her Allmate.

"W-what? T-together?" Aoba stuttered, blushing down at the girl.

"Yeah. If it's alright with you." She said, setting her gaze on him.

"S-sure." He nodded. "Do you wanna take a shower first?"

"Go ahead. I'll wait." She said.

"Alright." Aoba smiled and headed towards the bathroom.

Hana sighed softly and placed Eevee beside Ren and looked at the both of them with a small smile on her face.