Chapter 40

As I sat on the kitchen table, the silence made me think about asking my father about Michelle's dad.

If she says he's someone bad, then is there a possibility that he's a villain?

Maybe my dad knows him.

Seeing my dad walk in the kitchen, it was like my cue.

"Hey dad"

"Sweet Pea"

"Stop" I glared at him, causing him to chuckle,

"What's up?"

"Do you know any villain with a last name that goes by Addison?"

Michelle's last name is Addison which means she could have a dad who goes by that name.

He stopped to think while placing a hand under his chin,

"Not that I know of"

I hummed before looking down at the table.

"You could ask Robin, he seems to know more about the villains"

"He says there isn't" I replied.

"So why'd you ask me?"

"Just wanted to make sure"

So Michelle's dad must be a regular criminal.

Then why is she so worried?

Maybe she's just over reacting?

My father's voice blew my thoughts away,

"Why? It's only the first day of school and you already want to find out someone's parent?"

"It's my friend, actually. I don't know if she's lying about her father being a bad guy or not"

"I mean, you can always make your on investigation. I don't know, maybe follow her? See her dad with your own eyes" he shrugged.

As if a lightbulb turned on, I continued to eat,

"You're a genius, dad. That's actually not a bad idea"

"I know" he smirked.

"No skipping school this time, though. The teacher you had last year called me, saying you cannot lose any more school days" he added.

"Oh. Dammit. I hate the fact that I have her again this year. She's always on me" I scoff.

"Just listen to her till the end of your Senior year, okay? Then, you can do pranks to her after or something"

A smirk grew on my lips.

"I'm kidding! She's a teacher, she could definitely sue you, or me" he panicked.

I still want to do it, though.

She's always calling me out for being late or absent last year.

She even jokes that I'm not in the classroom.

It makes me just want to scream two words at her.

Fuck you.

============================

"(Y/N), I need to focus please. Last year, you skipped school with Damian. I don't know if you both are dating, but that relationship can affect you in your education"

"But it's the start of this school year, how are you so sure I'll skip?" I countered.

The teacher I was speaking about pulled me out after class.

I'm telling you, she has something against me.

"Just please focus on your grades"

I sigh.