Chapter 5

[Third POV]

Damian nodded as he let (Y/N)'s hand go before taking one last glimpse of her and leaving.

He saw Raven outside, so he caught up to her,

"What did you see?"

"Nothing" she replied coldly,

"And if I did see anything, it wouldn't be your business"

He was starting to get frustrated with her stubbornness,

"Everything that goes on, in the tower is my business"

"Just like it should be for all of you" he raised his voice.

"No. You're just worried for (Y/N)"

Before Damian could say something, she continued,

"You want to protect her. But have you told her yet? How will she react if she heard it from the others and not from you, huh?"

He caught on to what she was pointing at,

"I'll tell her soon, but not now"

"And, believe it or not, I do care about the people in this tower" he added.

"Still, it's not your business. Besides, the last I checked, Kori was in charge, not you" she narrowed her eyes at him before walking away to her room.

'Now I understand why it didn't work out' she thought to herself.

Damian sighed as he looked at Terra's closed door.

'(Y/N), I'm sorry. I just... fear that you'll hate me. So I want to keep it away from you. A secret'

============================

While Damian and Raven discussed outside without (Y/N) and Terra knowing, (Y/N) sat next to Terra on the bed.

"What are you doing? Get out" Terra almost screamed.

(Y/N) was a bit frightened by her sudden tone.

She knew that she wanted to be alone, but she wanted to try to help her. She's a sister to her after all.

"Terra, if you want to talk-"

"(Y/N), listen, I don't" she abruptly spoke.

(Y/N) turned mute. But she didn't give up.

"You should let Raven help. I'm not saying to let her go inside your mind, but maybe hang out more with her" she started speaking as she mesmerized the ceiling.

"Starfire already told me that. I don't need you to tell me twice. I'll answer you like I answered her, no, too creepy for me" her voice was suddenly sarcastic.

She was definitely not enjoying (Y/N)'s company.

(Y/N) sighed before standing up,

"I'm sorry. But I hope you know that we're more than just a team,"

"A family" she looked over to Terra who was starting to rest on her bed.

"We're here for each other. So please, don't ever treat us as if we were strangers whenever you're upset. Or else,"

"We could be" she unconsciously said it in a menacing tone.

Then the door closed. She felt bad that she had to say it like that. But it was the truth. She wants strangers? Then she could get them.

Terra was more than pissed to even sleep.

"She thinks she is all that? Mighty (Y/N)?" She muttered.

However, deep down, she tried her best to deny that her words...

Stay on her mind.

============================

That same night, on a cemetery, Brother Blood had decided to pay a visit to his people.

He breath out,

"So good to see you again, my friends" he stretched his arms out as if it'll spread his word around the quiet place.

"It's been too long" he slowly said before repeating and emphasizing his 2 words,

"Too long"

He closed his eyes while he concentrated on the energy he felt from his 'friends.'

"Don't make this weirder than it already is, Blood" the new voice didn't startle him, not one bit.

He had already felt his presence. He was just waiting for him to reveal himself.

"Are you referring to the setting?" He questioned, a bit offended,

"I myself take strength from it" he joined his hands together in front of him as he turned to look behind.

He knew that the person he was meeting up with was behind the statue, so he spoke to it.

"The cemetery isn't a place to be feared"

"It's a place of renewal" he added.

Then, the voice that was coming from behind the statue spoke,

"I have no problem meeting anywhere you want, but I get concerned when my employer talks to himself"

"I talk to the dead" Blood replied to counter the fact that he was talking to himself.

"For no matter how rotted the corpse, there's always a tiny sip of life left" he used his index finger and thumb to demonstrate with a gap in between them.

He turned his gaze to the headstones with names and dates on them,

"Sometimes enough life to bring them back"

"You of all people should know that" he switched his glance back to the statue.

The person stopped resting behind it and decided to stand and talk with Brother Blood, face to face.

So he walked out.

He let the moon's light reveal his metal suit. After losing an eye, he had to start wearing an eye patch under his mask.

"What do you want, Blood?" He asked, recalling that Blood was the one who wanted to meet up with him.

"I want to move everything up by a week"

"I've waited long enough, Deathstroke" he stared at him in the eye to show him that he was serious.

Deathstroke knitted his eyebrows, not believing what Blood has said,

"That wasn't the deal"

"I'll double your price, is that acceptable?" Blood replied, knowing that the only thing he cared about, was the money.

To remind him of his job he said,

"As before, I want all of the Titans. Even that new girl"

"Can you do it?" He asked.

Deathstroke narrowed his eyes. Since it's double the price...

Then it shouldn't be a problem.

[End of Chapter 5]

---------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1,001

*insert surprised pikachu face here*

Would you do something like that for double the price?

Also, what was Raven talking about? Any theories? Guesses?

🧡 Please Remember to Vote 🧡