Chapter 36

"What!" I whisper yelled.

"When the hell did this happen?"

"I didn't know either until I invited both of them to watch a movie. This was while you were away" she calmly took a sip of her drink.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I questioned, still in shock.

"I'm telling you, I didn't know"

Confused, I raised an eyebrow,

"So when did you find out?"

"Just recently"

Lowering my head, I started wondering out loud,

"So this must've happened recently"

"Both Levy and Michelle didn't want to tell me anything. Levy would act weird while we were on patro-"

Her hand went up to cover her mouth.

"You both go on patrol? We agreed that you both will save people on school ground. Students" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"And it's summer vacation right now" I added.

"(Y/N), we want to save civilians like you and the others do. We don't just want to save students" she pouted.

I sighed. There was no way in telling her to do one thing.

She became a vigilante even when I told her not to.

"I'll think about it"

"Yay" she gave a small cheer.

A smile made it's way to my face,

"At least you and Levy will be saving people when school starts in a few days"

"I know! I've never been so excited for school to start" she exclaimed quietly.

Looking at her with a weird look, I joked,

"You're crazy. Are you even my best friend? My best friend would never say that"

"I'm crazy? I'm not crazy. I'm still your best friend, though" she laughed.

"Not anymore" I replied, smirking.

She gasped.

And that's how my day went.

Dealing with her, and she dealing with me.

Got to admit that throughout the day, I couldn't get my mind of Damian.

It is said that when you think about this one person randomly, it means they were thinking about you first.

And it's true because then I received a text from him and (G/B/F) took the chance to start teasing me.

Saying if my future husband was texting me.

Finishing off my day with ice cream, I said my goodbye to her and left to walk to Wayne Enterprises.

It was a few blocks away so I said 'why not?'

Crossing the street, I spotted the paparazzi waiting in the entrance.

I stopped and hid behind a building.

If I go and wait outside too, they might spot me. Or they might not even let me get close to him.

Seeing a black limo pull up at the entrance, I knew it was Alfred.

I walked a bit closer but also stayed hidden.

He got out of the car and stood formally outside.