Chapter 27

"Who's a good boy?" I whisper to the puppy whose paws I was holding.

He started barking in response.

"Yes you are" I rubbed it's head and ears while it's tongue stuck out.

"Beloved, I'll get jealous if you keep doing that" I hear Damian say while setting up the TV in his room.

"You'll get jealous of a dog?" I questioned in disbelief.

"(Y/N), I've already gotten jealous of the whole animal kingdom" he replied with a smirk before laying down next to me on the bed.

I chuckled, knowing damn well he was talking about Gar.

While he set up the podcast, his arm snaked around my waist, so I layed my head on his shoulder.

"There" he mumbled.

We couldn't really see what was going on, but we could hear their voices.

"-let me ask you this, man, how do you become a titan exactly?"

This was who I recognized as Kevin Smith.

Getting comfortable, I wrapped my arms around the boy next to me.

The puppy who he named as Titus, was sleeping in between us, on top of our bodies.

"I mean, is there an audition? Do you look at videos?"

"Cause I've been working out, you know, I want in"

"Well, Kev, I guess the most important thing to being a titan, is to have a strong sense of family"

"Some of us don't have our own, so, we support the ones that do"

That's right.

Yesterday, Gar had planned to take Jaime's family and bring them to where the center was.

Damian took longer than expected on his patrol, Donna was busy training, and Raven had to meditate.

Kori and Dick obviously had their own things to do at their house.

So, since I was bored, I joined him.

°• Flashback •°

Gar and I fist bumped each other as we watched Jaime in shock, hugging his little sister.

Then he hugged his mother.

His eyes then spotted his father who was scratching his head.

We were happy that he accepted to come. He realized that his son will always be his son no matter what.

They both hugged, missing their embraces.

I glanced at Gar and he looked back at me,

"Good job, BB" I whispered before playfully punching his arm.

"Thanks"

°• End of Flashback •°

"Of course, an outgoing personality doesn't hurt but, you know, you gotta have a power. Something cool"

Damian and I were both chuckling before he said this. Then, we both tensed a bit.

"A power?" I questioned.

"That's what I'm thinking. We both, and Dick don't have powers" Damian replied before playing with my hair.

"Something cool? Listen, you turn into animals, man, that's beyond cool"