Chapter 22

The ceiling above us made sounds as it opened to reveal what was red or pink windows.

The floor where we were on, started going up to another floor.

That's where I saw a whole crowd, cheering.

Petals started falling down on me.

Lovely. But not the right time.

Besides, I have a certain grudge with petals. I remember being tricked by Talia, thinking that the rose petal path was made by Damian.

One of the petals landed on my shoulder. I blew it away.

But that's when my eyes switched to look at Brother Blood, realizing that he had a cape on.

He was definitely up to something big.

"You think yourself a holy man, Blood? You're filth" Starfire stated loudly.

He turned his attention to her,

"Take heart, sinner. You are about to become part of the greater good"

I gritted my teeth at his comment. Calling her a sinner? Sinner is you!

"Greater good my ass, dude!" I shout.

"We're gonna show you the greater good. By kicking your ass!" Jaime added before he tried to escape from where he was stuck on.

We all struggled as we pulled our hands. I decided to try one last time.

We started grunting, feeling a bit upset that it wasn't working.

At all.

"No God is going to save you, Deathstroke" Damian said in a menacing tone.

"Even if there is one, it's too late" I add.

Slade didn't say anything. He only turned to look at Blood,

"Word to the wise, Blood, whatever you're gonna do to them, do it quickly"

Blood raised his hand up to signal Mayhem.

She started pressing some buttons.

Have to admit. I was a bit frightened to what was going to happen next.

The moment she looked up, she had a huge grin on her face. What's worse is that, her eyes met directly with mines.

I'm not gonna be able to sleep for the next couple of days.

Suddenly, a red light appeared on the metal that was holding my hands in place.

My hands felt like they were burning.

I couldn't hold the pain anymore. It just fucking hurt!

I started yelling in pain. I heard screams coming from the others too.

It was just as if the more I kept screaming, the more weaker I felt.

Like if my energy was being sucked out off me.

I tried pulling my hands out, but it didn't work.

So I was there, putting up with the pain.

I had not choice but to fall on my knees. I was feeling so weak.

"Not feeling so... good..." I hear Gar trying his best to inform us.

I couldn't even focus to what was going on in front of me anymore.

Slade and Blood seemed to be talking, but I could care less.

My eyes started closing as I dropped my shoulders, yet my hands were still stuck on the machine.