Chapter 37

"Father, can we talk?" I stopped him from walking away.

He silently nodded, so I led him to the kitchen where we both sat on the chairs.

"I forgive you for what you did. I know you didn't know what was going to happen in the future"

"I think if I were you, I would've probably done the same if I didn't trust Batman"

An innocent smile appeared on his face.

"I love you, (Y/N). I'm glad you're my daughter"

He got up from his chair and opened his arms.

"Thank you for understanding, really"

I happily accepted his hug.

"I'm glad that you're my father. I could've probably had it worse. Which is why I call myself lucky"

Pulling away we both were smiling.

"Oh, and also, I think those 2 outside are lying to you"

With a question mark plastered on his face he raised an eyebrow,

"Why do you think that?"

"They were gone for a few minutes. Saying they were throwing out the trash. But that's what we do" I crossed my arms.

He chuckled,

"There's nothing to worry about. They were throwing out the other disloyal men. Today I found out that 2 of my strongest goons were spies too. Ben and Marcus, saw them talking to Black Mask"

"Wow" I muttered.

"But why is Black Mask spying on you?"

"That's... something I can't answer" he replied, looking around the room.

He was trying to find a topic to change the subject. Which, means that he was nervous.

And my psychological facts were right because then he asked another question.

"Is Bird-Boy coming tomorrow?"

"Yeah" I dryly replied.

I don't know if I should tag along and change the subject, or not.

Well, I guess we can always talk about it another day.

"Shouldn't we rent an apartment or something? Cause he could figure out this hideout"

His eyes widened,

"You're right! Shoot"

"I'll get on to it right now" he stated as he ran to his office.

I sighed and chuckled it off.

Smartest man in Gotham, yet he forgets many things.

Honestly, I don't know what I would've done if my father was another type of villain.

"(Y/N)! Help me out here! I don't know which apartment to buy, we have to at least look luxurious"

I snorted while walking towards his office,

"Sure you have enough money?"

He chuckled,

"I could replace Bruce Wayne"

I laughed.

Nope. No he can't.

============================

"Robin!" I whispered while waving my hand for him to see where I was standing.

He smiled and jumped down to the alleyway to greet me with a small kiss.