Chapter 1: Bank Robbery In Progress

The Criminal's Mate

Chapter 1: Bank Robbery In Progress

(Authors Note: I'd like to dedicate this story to AloraJ for encouraging me to write it, I was going to write something else, but this story is much better, so all my thanks to my bestfriend! She also helped with editing and some designs, so she deserves some credit too. I would also like to thank tennessee13 for making my beautiful cover :)

Taylor Fox's POV: (Anna Kendrick as Taylor Fox. pic at top. Please let me know if it's not visible.)

I drove through the city of Miami wondering just what I would find today. Everyday it's always something different. I've crashed parties, been through high speed chases, chased a man who escaped prison at one in the morning through the dark woods with the K-9 unit. I have even had to chase a loose bull down the road in my cruiser while my partner lassoed it. You name it, I've done it.

I'm 5'6" tall, I have blue eyes, brown, slightly curled hair that goes down a little passed my shoulders, and tanned skin. I'm currently driving in my police marked car towards down-town Miami. There has got to be something to do. No one has radioed me yet, and I'm not allowed to play music in my car because I might miss a radio call if I don't hear it. I finally decided to put my headphones in, well, just in one ear so I will hear the radio.

Around ten minutes later I hear the radio go off, so I quickly yank my headphone out.

"All units, please respond. Bank robbery in progress, suspects have opened fire, immediately report to down-town Miami beach on 5th street, First National Bank."

'Finally,' I think to myself.

Fortunately I'm no less than two minutes away from First National. I turn my lights on and drive as quickly as I can. First National is the largest bank in town, they hold the most money compared to all the others. It would have taken some serious work to get into that bank.

When I pull up, police cars are everywhere, yellow police tape marked the line no one can cross without permission, and even the F.B.I. are here... why are they here?

I jump out of my car and jog up to my commanding officer.

"Sir, why are they here?" I questioned.

"The leader of the gang, he's been identified as Wolf," He responds.

I remember him, he's known nationwide. They don't know how, but he always slips away. Hence his name. He's fast, sly, and smart, just like a wolf. No one has ever seen his face. His gang always wears black pants and boots. Over their face, they wear a black bandana, and a black hoodie over their heads. The only thing they know about the Wolf is his forest green eyes, and that doesn't help much.

Before I could respond, Officer Banes, one of my co-workers, comes running and say's, "Sir! The security guard that was inside, he was shot in his side when he tried to pull his gun and is bleeding badly. The Federal agent has their leader on the phone, he is willing to let a paramedic come in and help. But, none of the paramedic's here have the required police training to handle the situation."

"I have basic medical training, I will go in if he needs it that bad." I announce. Well, looks like I get to add this to the long list of things I've done.

"Taylor, no." General Kane say's. Andy Kane is like my second father, he's extremely protective.

"General, I can do this, I've done worse," I respond, then turn to Banes. "Show me where the agent is."

I follow Banes through the crowd of people and see a man in a suit ahead of me.

"Sir, Officer Fox has the proper training, she's willing to go in," Banes say's.

He looks at me hesitantly. He sighs in defeat, knowing there is no one else that can go.

"I hate to do this... follow me," He say's and begins to walk.

A second man walks up to us. The head agent explains everything to him, then turns to me, "This is Officer Myers, he will show you everything you need to do," I nod my head in understanding.

"Here," Myers say's handing me a medical duffle bag filled with supplies, "This has everything you will need to treat him. Do not say or do anything to piss this man off. He is liable of anything. I'm going to put a microphone on you so we can hear what's going on, don't let him see it. Take off your weapons belt, and don't take any kind of weapon in there. All I'm asking is that you do your job. Do not converse with him unless absolutely necessary. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Sir." I respond.

"Good," he say's as I clip the microphone on my undershirt. Hopefully the collar on my shirt won't reveal an outline of it if I position it right.

Myers lets out a loud ear piercing whistle, gaining everyone's attention.

"Tell him we're sending her in," he calls to the man with the phone. After I get the okay, I put the duffle bag on my shoulder, put my hands on my head, and slowly make my way to the front doors of bank.

What have I gotten myself into?