Chapter 29 - The Truth

Quick thank you for getting this book to almost 4,000. It is crazy to think I've gained nearly 1,000 reads in the space of a week! I've also realized that this book has also be categorized in best action and adventure. #801 in action and #815 in Adventure. That is a huge huge deal. Thank you!

*

I froze. Who knew my name? Was it The Kings? Had they been able to find me even though I had run for a long time, far away from where Trey was. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me; they had somehow managed to find where we were staying in Hawaii, who's to say they wouldn't find me now.

Admitting defeat, I decided to do what I should have some a long time ago, give up. Turning slowly on my stool, I held in a breath as I came face to face with my fate. However, my fate hadn't been at all what I had expected.

"Jorge?" I asked gobsmacked. I couldn't believe my eyes. Surely I was going to wake up and this was all going to be a dream, waking up in the mist of fire and commotion. "My little Harmony, I hardly even recognized you!" he cried out in glee.

Springing up off my stool, I landed in the welcoming arms of Jorge. It had been so long since I had one of these.

Jorge was the childhood best friend of my mother. Surprisingly he wasn't a part of any crime or gang like behaviour, he was just... normal. He had stood by mom when she had gotten mixed in with my so called father's gang and even helped my raise me.

Where mom lacked compassion and affection, Jorge was there always offering me a shoulder to cry on or a hug of comfort. He brought out the emotional side of me, reminding me that it was okay to actually care. I missed having him around but after we moved 3 years back we had lost all contact with him. I hated mom so much for making us leave him.

"How are you my precious?" he smiled. Something that you should know about Jorge is that he has one of the most infectious smiles I had ever come across. Bright and friendly, it was hard not to smile along with him.

Smiling back at him, I shook my head to make sure It was real. "I'm a lot better for seeing you."

"I'm so glad! How is your mother? Now, I know you don't get along with her but I know you care for her either way."

My stomach sank. How was I going to explain to him that mom was no longer with us? I knew that he shared a common love for mom; you could see it in their eyes when they were with each other. I was often jealous that my mom would look at him with so much love and not me.

He was certainly a handsome man. Early forties, dark black hair, striking grey eyes and a figure I knew most forty year old's would love.

Sensing my uneasy aura, his lovely smile dropped. "What. What's happened Harmony?"

I take back when I said I was nervous for my date. The nerves of telling somebody they loved was dead, was the hardest thing to prepare for. Now I understand why everybody looked on edge when they had found mom beat up.

"She's... she's gone" I managed to mutter. Laughing nervously at my statement, he didn't quite get what I meant. "Gone where precious?"

"She's dead Jorge. The low life family of mine killed her." I spat, losing my patience with The Kings. I had forgotten for a minute what had just happened back at the restaurant. How many more people had to suffer because of me?

I studied him for a moment. Just watching his perfectly happy features features turn to despair. I almost felt that somebody stabbing me multiple times would be less painful that watching a grown man close to tears.

I felt helpless. I'm not good at comforting people, I cant even help myself with my own emotions let alone somebody elses.

"I'm going to make them pay though " I blurted out in attempts to cheer him up, not thinking about what I was actually saying. I mean it wasn't a lie exactly I did want to get revenge on them, each and every one of them but, I didn't know how... yet.