Prologue

This is not edited but once it is finished It will be. It may have other things added to it also so the story may change slightly but not drastically.

Copyright © 2014 by Melissa Blair. All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of Melissa Blair.

All of the characters, organizations, and events portrayed in this novel are either products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously.

This contains: Strong language, small amounts of sexual content & strong violence.

Enjoy :)

--

Waking up from my slumber, mom was frantically running around the apartment. I knew what this was about, we had to move, again. I was actually enjoying it here. I'm mean sure, here isn't exactly the White House or anything but I liked it. It had four walls and a roof, much more than we've had in the passed.

All my life we've been on the move, traveling city to city. New York, diffferent parts of Brooklyn, even once staying in Washington DC (The place was to fancy for us). As a kid growing up, moving seemed so fun and exciting to me. However, when I was older and began to understand the reason's as to why we move so much, moving didn't seem so great anymore.

You see the reason we move so much is because my mother is a drug addicted plain and simple. She got herself involved in a gang when she was only 14 and by the time she was 15, she was pregnant with me. My so called dad was the one behind her addiction, to bad he never cared to stay around to help her. 

It's when she's unable to pay for that fix that she makes deals or sells herself just so she can get it. Mostly, she steals the stuff and we end up moving because of it.

I hate it.

Admittedly, I'm no angel either. I've had my fair share of run in's with the law and I most certain don't stand for no crap. Most people refer to me as a bad girl but I much prefer badass.

"Where to next?" I ask. I've managed to pack all my things in under ten minutes. New record.

"Downtown Brooklyn."