Chapter 24 - A Day To Remember

(Not edited!)

Lock, aim, shoot.

Bang.

Lock, aim, shoot

Bang bang.

Taking a small break while I reloaded, I felt the tension slowly float away with the wind.

I couldn't sleep at all last night. Everything just played on my mind. My dad being alive, Harry being my half brother and now Chase being my cousin. I had to think of some way of bringing them down, each and every single one of them.

I tired everything to sleep. Sleeping pills, which by the way had no effect on me what so ever. I tired warm milk that Aiden would always give me before bed when I was younger. I ran on the treadmill to tire myself out, nada and then I went ahead and counted sheep. Why on earth do people recommend that stupid idea anyway? It's never worked for me. Honestly, It just has me thinking, I ent never seen a sheep jump, so why go ahead and crush children's hopes and dreams of seeing sheep jump over fences at farms?

My childhood was ruined, let me tell you.

Break over, I went back to shooting the targets I had set up, tin cans out of the recycling.

Lock, aim, shoot.

Bang.

"Damn, whats got you pissed?" a voice called out from behind. Luckily it was a friendly familiar voice and I never shot at them.

Turning to face Aiden he was there leaning against the tree, arms crossed with a huge smirk on his smug little face. He looked like a old man in his navy robe and red tartan slippers. 

Rolling my eyes, I continued to shoot until I ran out of bullets before answering. "I think the question you should be asking is what hasn't got me pissed."

Turning to face him properly, he motioned me over to the sweet little bench that was situated under the oak tree. "Why's life so confusing Aid?" I sighed before continuing. "I mean my whole life I grew up believing that my own mother despised me but then on her death bed she says that she loves me and shes sorry? I then find out that my dad who I've never meet, I believed I was dead, is still alive. My supposedly best friend around here, turns out to be my half brother. The guy who killed my mom and Jessie turns out to be my cousin. And now my dad's after me and I don't know why."

Man, that was a mouth full.

Letting it digest for a moment, Aiden let the silence be. It was quite peaceful that moment of silence. Wind slowly whisking by, making the smell of fresh coffee drift by and the sound of bird chirping to the light of the morning sun.

"Life is going to be hard for us all Har. We don't live normal lives like everybody else. Were in a world where we always have people after us or have an illegal job to do, I mean we kill people for a start - you don't see these local folk killing people for a living. So even though we have to deal with all those things, we all have each other. Were a family and that is normal right? As long as we have each other, there will always be normality around" he replied wisely with that smug little smile.

Bumping shoulders with him, I let out a smile that was well needed. "When did you get so wise?"

Brushing his shoulders like a douche, he gave me a wink. "Always have been my little Har, you know that" he said before getting up and leaving me.

Such a drama queen.

*

"HARMONY!" Ryan's faced suddenly mimed, scaring the absolute shit out of me! Shooting up, I was quick on my feet.